Lounge Doctor

Toes Toe ligament repair and Mortons Neuroma and more

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
I have had right foot toe pain since June 2020, spreading of toes #2 and #3 with #2 rubbing painfully on #1, with a ingrown toe nail on #2 that has been treated and is healing. In addition I will be having a left ankle replacement after the right foot is taken care of, then a Right THR to wrap up this joint replacement marathon.
The short story is my right forefoot is a mess, my left ankle needs a replacement, and right hip needs a THR.

I saw the foot doctor yesterday and his fellow, they examined both feet and ankles, and suggested we start with the right foot, then left TAR, then right THR.

I have had injections in my left ankle and right hip to get me through the first surgeries, they seem to be helping.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I hope you soon get a surgery date for your right foot, @Pumpkln .

Did the surgeons give any indication how long they planned for you to recover between your surgeries?

OP
OP
Pumpkln

Pumpkln

Country
With the right foot you walk out in a cast boot, he was talking 3 weeks but I expect 6 - 8 weeks, knowing me.
TAR to FWB 16 to 24 weeks, full year to fully recover.
Imagine I could move on to the THR after 24 weeks if I am doing well, we will see.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Looks like you'll be planning a busy year of recovery. I hope everything goes well.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Don't envy you having to go through any foot surgery. But hey - you will be a pro by the time you have your THR!

OP
OP
Pumpkln

Pumpkln

Country
With the right foot you walk out in a cast boot, he was talking 3 weeks but I expect 6 - 8 weeks, knowing me.
My foot surgery is scheduled for Monday morning, I will be have an osteotomy on toes #2 and #3.
I said so I will be looking at 6-8 weeks for those bones to heal, he agreed.

The injection into my left ankle and my right hip have worked well, looks like I will be able to give these toes the time they will need to heal. :fingersx:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Femur_guy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom