THR Today's the Day!

Janab1028

Country
United States United States
Okay. Getting ready to head to the hospital. Thought I would go ahead get my recovery thread started. See you all on the other side!

Sending calming thoughts and prayers!!! You will be amazed [emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

:welome: I know you are probably super anxious so just know we have all been there.
This site gives so much for comfort.
I'm not a social media type but it has helped me tremendously!!
Hey, find an empty Amazon box to take with you. Tell them you got the parts on line to save some money!!!:heehee:

You'll do great. I've been pleasantly surprised how well things went fro me.

:yes!:Positive thoughts toward a great recovery to feel like a new person! Welcome to the other side!

Wishing you all the best. We will all be here for you as you recover. You will find it is so wonderful to be on the other side :flwrysmile:

Prayers & Good Thoughts Michele!! We are all here for you!! You will do wonderful and these post op friends make the unknown so much better!!I am going in on Friday!! Post when you can!!!

Sending good energy keep us posted…

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Watching, and waiting, thinking you must be out by now hope all is well

Good luck and a patient speedy recovery to you!

Does anyone have any suggestions...I had Posterior RTHR 6/23...MY BACKIS in terrible shape..I never sleep on it...now I have to stay on back all the time...bathroom breaks I try walk around a little...I am in tears...

@Donnarita I'm in the same space as you but not in tears, just uncomfortable. I have the 3 pillows pinned together for in bed for my operated leg to go on and another fat pillow for the other leg so it's raised for comfort. It helps and I ice but don't sleep long. 2 or 3 hours at a time.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

On NOT operated side by OS said is allowed must have a pillow between legs... I've done that for maybe 10 weeks but ask your doctor

Good luck

No specific suggestions but I can say that all those things improve with time. If you read other people's threads on here, you will see that we all went through almost the same issues. There are some great tips in the BS Library if you look around. Also, others may chime in with something that helped for them but each person is different. As for sleeping, as time goes on you will sleep for longer periods at a time. If the bed isn't comfortable, maybe try the recliner if you have one or the couch. You need to try different options until you find one that helps you. @Donnarita you are only a couple days since surgery so just give it time. It is good to post those questions in your thread so people will see it and respond. If they respond in another thread and don't tag you, you will never see the response. Just a thought. I wish you well.

GrannyC is right on. Looking back, I just couldn't get comfortable. I slept as long as I could where I could and that wasn't much. Thank goodness for pain meds.. It DOES get better and trying suggestions from others is great help. I never slept on my back and it is still about the only way I can sleep with bilateral. Eat your pain pills, nap often, and know that it will not stay like this forever. Hate that you are having a rough time.

I sleep on my back with a comforter to hold me up about 15-20 degrees with a pillow under my knees and one under my arms. It helps. Then I move to the recliner with pillows so I can kinda sleep on right side.

Well, I have been so angry that I couldn't post anything. My surgery was postponed due to my doctors not starting me on the nasal antibiotic due to my MRSA swab. I will let you know when I find out the new date.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back