Lounge Doctor

TKR TKR post op occurrence

umbermom

Country
United States United States
I had TKR on left knee 4 years ago and 6 months ago my right knee "went". Lost of pain, inflammation, swelling. I did not want to have surgery during Covid 19 but found after a summer of pain that I cannot wait. So I'm scheduled for Oct 26. I am worried because of the problems I had last time.

I experienced post op A Fib and was transferred to the cardiac unit for 5 days. Then in patient rehab facility where I did receive PT. There for a week. Then I had heart pain and extreme vomiting at home. I was admitted back to the hospital and it was found I had a big time UTI. I went thru many heart tests and after a day there staff saw I had a full fledge case of shingles ! that caused increased pain. I was in hospital again for 4 more days.

I am in better shape this time, I HAD been on immune suppressant medication that was held for 3 week before that surgery 4 years ago. Now I have NOT been on immune meds for 18 months. Just guess I am wondering if anyone else had post op A Fib happen.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You did have a lot of bad luck after your first TKR. I truly hope that none of that happens again this time round.

Did your A-Fib go away again, or do you still have it? My husband has A-Fib and his seems to be permanent, so he is on anticoagulant therapy all the time.

OP
OP
U

umbermom

Country
I had a loop recorder for 3 years and had no A Fib at all. So I was able to stop the blood thinner and then had the implant removed. So I am very happy about that. So maybe I won't have it happen this time.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
No one can foretell the future but knowing your history I am sure your doctor and the medical staff will keep their eye on you and address anything speedily. I do not have Afib but my husband does and his popped up out of nowhere. He is on medication for it but not anti-coagulants.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GeeDee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom