TKR TKR on 8/8/22

The easiest way I found to improve my extension was to walk with an extra-long stride, making sure I was walking with a heel-to-toe gait. If anyone does this early in their recovery make sure you have something to hold on to. With this extra long stride, it is easy to lose your balance. I used my roller walker mostly. It has brakes so I can stop it quickly if need be.

Greetings. Listen to the folks in this forum, they are very helpful. So for your ROM, don't get to hung up on that. I had
my TKR 3.5 years ago & I am still having a tough time. But my main point is I had 130 degrees ROM 3 weeks out, & I am still hurting 3.5 years later.
So like it has been said here, trust yourself, if it is hurting like you want to rip your leg off, back off, take it easy. I need to get my other knee done & will be looking for a good surgeon soon, probably in Boston.
It seems the doctor knows how to do the surgery, but I am not convinced that most of them know diddly doop about recovery & PT. Hang in there, hope you have a speedy recovery
PEACE.
DOC

For all you worry warts like me that read stuff on Google that tell you you will see your biggest gains in the first 3 months and slow to minimal improvements from then on is hogwash. I just want to let you know that you will still see big improvements well after that. I’m at just about 7 months and have seen the biggest difference in the past month with having very little discomfort/ pain and tightness/stiffness. I struggled until recently to get beyond 120 degrees of flexion and to 0 degrees of extension ( have been at 10 degrees right along) and once I reached these numbers I felt totally better. Everyone’s progression differs some bounce right back some how and others such as myself take a little longer and some even longer but you will get there. I just want you to know this biggest gains within the first few months that we read online isn’t cut and dry and the case for everyone you can see big gains after that. Be Postitive!!!

Glad to hear of your improvement.
It is encouraging. I am at 4 months and still a bit variable. Overall improvement but my knee can still get hot and sore if I overdo things. Always good to know of people still improving at 6- 7 months and beyond.

Only thing that is residual ( unless the other stuff reappears) is the tingly sensitivity when I rub the incision knee cap area. I don’t notice anything unless I begin rubbing it, it’s like a good bad feeling when I massage it Lol

Is it in the numb area? I get some pricky pins and needles there at times- which I think are the zingers people talk about here. My numb area is shrinking and getting less numb- so hopefully this is nerve regrowth. Could this be your tingly sensation?

Reactions: shr
I never really noticed any numb areas to bad or said zingers. Just the tingly feeling

I’m at just about 7 months and have seen the biggest difference in the past month with having very little discomfort/ pain and tightness/stiffness. I struggled until recently to get beyond 120 degrees of flexion and to 0 degrees of extension ( have been at 10 degrees right along) and once I reached these numbers I felt totally better. Everyone’s progression differs
Thank you for sharing this post! I'm positive your story will give hope to other members who are still in the early months and are worrying about their ROM.

I just want to let you know that you will still see big improvements well after that.
I agree! After a very tough first year my ROM, and all around recovery, improved quite a lot in my second year, as my whole leg continued to relax and heal. I even saw even more ROM in my third year.

What an encouraging post for those following behind you, R2R! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. May it get even better for you! I hope you have a nice end to the week.
@R2R

I just want to let you know that you will still see big improvements well after that.
I agree! After a very tough first year my ROM, and all around recovery, improved quite a lot in my second year, as my whole leg continued to relax and heal. I even saw even more ROM in my third year.
I have a feeling that with even the slightest amount of inflammation in the knee causes issues with swelling pain and stiffness to the point it makes you think there is more then there actually is.

What an encouraging post for those following behind you, R2R! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. May it get even better for you! I hope you have a nice end to the week.
@R2R
Thanks Layla

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom