TKR April 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
@katy.5555 Welcome to BoneSmart! Why don't you tell us a bit about your situation. How long have you waited to have your surgery? How are you feeling in the run up to the day?

I hope you can spend some time in our Library. Lots of information for both pre and post op. Questions - ask away. We are with you on this!

Here is some pre-op information for you, Katy.

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

We can be surgery buddies @katy.5555 ! We are on the same day! I am still learning the forum so bear with me! :wave:

Welcome to Bonsmart!!! I had a TKR on January 9th. You will find a lot of information here.

@RMasano I have been reading your progress since your surgery! Thanks for the detailed description and so glad you are feeling better now!

@newlybionic so sorry you have to go thru this again! What are the symptoms of becoming uncemented?

@katy.5555 my apologies for asking questions on your thread! I need to start one!

My knee wasn't washed out of small pieces of cement once my knee was fitted. There were other problems besides that. The OS that did my original surgery didn't do a very good job. My spidey:)heehee:) sense told me to look for someone else to do it but his partner that I had seen for almost 10 years said he was good. I should have ran out of the office.

@newlybionic sorry to hear that but love your positive attitude! Will try to follow your progress!

Can't tell you how much I dreaded this surgery and recovery - but it's been so much better than expected. It's not for the faint of heart and there are some ups and downs figuring out medication, how to sleep, etc., but you'll be so glad to be out of that knee pain! Bonesmart is a good resource; just remember every surgery & the recovery timeline is different. Each day gets a little better. Cheers.

Just to give you all more encouragement I did not have any pain after surgery....really.... I got a femoral nerve block that dated in for 2 days and that helped along with a spinal. Yiu should ask for it
I'm now 1 1/2 years out and doing well up and down stairs walking. Only I have clicking but is not annoying

Can bike and walk without discomfort

Use the forum all the time for questions and don't be ashamed to ask anything

We have all been where you are and understand how you feel. Don't be afraid to ask anything. We will try to answer you with our experiences. We care. That's why we are here!

Good luck on Tuesday! I will join you on the other side!

Surgery tomorrow morning April 4,2017 April rainbow. I've gotten ready I am anxious but ready. Praying and staying positive. My pain has persisted for 3 years now. Bone on bone pain. Want that to go away so I can be more active.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

I'll be looking for you on the recovery side!

Please let us know how you are doing. Remember to not let PT touch your foot or leg. Whatever they ask you to do, if it hurts don't do it. You have a whole lot of healing to do before worrying about any kind of therapy. Be sure and ask for ice whenever you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom