TKR and Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gknee

Country
United States United States
I will be having a TKR in May. I am worried about having a HUGE flare of my Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Is there anyone here that has experienced a TKR while also suffering from FM/CFS? Is there any advice you can give me?

I suppose the most important advice is to keep close here at BoneSmart so that we can help your through your preparation and recovery.

I do not have Fibro however I have a daughter who does. You have my empathy!!!! I think the person with whom you need to speak about possible problems would be your Fibro doctor. He needs to coordinate your care with your primary care and OS to be sure to keep your flares to a minimum.

They are very proactive in most hospitals about pain management. That will help a lot as well. Be sure to share your situation when you talk to the anesthesiiologist, because frequently they are the ones that monitor pain control post surgically. Thenn once you get home, you will have to be very proactive about being consistent about taking your medications and pain medications...take them as prescribed. Also ice is going to be your very best fried. Ice and elevate are really effective at keeping swelling and pain at bay.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery

Re: Recovering from TKR with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigu

I don't know of anyone so far that has had that combo of problems, Gknee. And I have no experience of it either so I'm afraid I can't help you either. Sorry. Just hope and pray it turns out all right for you.

Re: Recovering from TKR with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigu

Hi there! I was advised by my endocrinologist i probably had fibro but my neuro says he doesn't believe in that diagnosis as fibro is not specific enough but i swear i had it. I do believe that this combined with my Parkinson's made my recovery much slower and looking back i would have made a much much more concerted effort to eat pure foods, rest much and exercise (swim) more, although i did all of the above i am sure i could have done more. Go with the flow, you will have bad days but they will lessen. Good luck, it is the first step to feeling better with your TKR.
Pippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member