Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR TKR 3 revisions in 2 years

Knee Man

Country
United States United States
Long post, new here today and very anxious.

16 months post op after 3rd TKR revision on right leg. TKR done 2016. 2 revisions in 2017 (11 months apart) This last revision was 10/18, done at OHSU and is a hinged knee revision. I have had greater range with this last surgery. No bad knee pain.

However, I have been having excruciating pain in my groin and hip for past 6 months. Ruled out THR issues on right side also.

I developed red rash on the outside of calf. This rash had blisters. I thought it happened due to a new copper neoprene knee brace. Removed immediately after 1 week. Has remained red and swollen. Last few days knee pain. Today redness has spread to the back of the calf. Yesterday my foot was red, today my foot is very warm shiny swelling has spread. My groin and hip are excruciating. Trying to get MRI of knee and thorough infection test of knee (I am aware infections can hide)

I have L & R THR and both knees TKR.

Can’t get into surgeon for 2 1/2 months. I am truly worried.
Has anyone else experienced these issues. Thank you for any of your experience in this you can share.

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
:welome: to BoneSmart, albeit under rather unpleasant conditions.

If I were you I would go to the ER to get checked out. You seem to have waited quite a while with no relief and I would want to at least get a medical opinion as to what might be going on.

I myself have been through infection and Revision of the hip so can empathise should you find yourself in this unfortunate situation. I would not be happy with the symptoms you are experiencing.

Try to get something done before the weekend when less appropriate staff may be available.

Please stay with us and let us know what happens as there is lots of support here.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Knee Man I agree with Isabel - this is nothing to "wait" on. Your symptoms are spreading and pain is increasing. Please go to ER today and at least get this checked.

Please let us know how you get on.

loneshark64

Country
Wow you have really been through it, Steve Austin. Sorry about the flare up and the anxiety. Hope you can get some answers ASAP

sistersinhim

Country
I agree, head to the ER as soon as you can. You have waited long enough.

Julia1911

Country
To the ER. So sorry and best of luck.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Yep, I'm going to agree with the comments above as well. Have you actually called and told them this is an emergency?? If they will not see you, head to the Emergency Room, preferable the one at the hospital where your surgery was done. That way you may be able to see your surgeon faster. Ask the ER staff to call him in for the consultation. Usually ER staff is not fully qualified to deal with orthopedic problems like you are describing and they can consult with an orthopedic surgeon. You should also ask about a consultation with an infectious disease doctor if any of the tests they run show a possibility of infection.

The fact that you have intense pain and the swelling has suddenly popped up and is expanding indicates an emergency situation.

InkedMarie

graduate
Country
I’m just reading this....I hope you’ve been seen and will update us.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom