• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR TKR 2/17 suggestions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona2003

Country
United States United States
I am getting the TKR although I still have many concerns and questions. The concerns are probably the same as anyone contemplating a major surgery. Such as "Should I put it off.' My chosen doc doesn't do the robotic assist - "Should I change docs?" And then there is the Bonesmart gentle way of rehab that seems to make sense which may be different from what the docs and pt people suggest. Who is right?
After surgery would a pedal device help with recovery? If so which brand?

Country
Welcome! This site has been grand for information after I had my TKR (when I discovered the site). Indeed the process is a journey and the more info you have the better.

I would not let the robo-assist or not dissuade you from the surgeon. But please review ANY surgeon! Taking care to evaluate per reviews not only the surgeons aptitude and experience, but how his support team advances the surgeons efforts towards your recovery!

Most hospitals I have dealt with work cooperatively with the top review sites - understanding the need of the option for ranking and endorsing their staff.

My TKR surgeon does the the robo in some case, in some not.

I had the robo-assist and it went well. I do have an additional small scar where the robo device was mounted on my knee during surgery. Not a big deal but I did have two bandages.

Last edited:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Welcome to BoneSmart! Of course you have concerns and questions. We were all in that space pre-op. Discuss your concerns here. There are plenty of members going through recovery now or still more who have recovered. We are here to support you.
Should I put it off
Why? You are nearly there. The waiting is the hardest part of this journey.

If you trust your surgeon you shouldn't worry about methods or implants. That's your surgeon job and they do this op everyday, several times per day.
Bonesmart gentle way of rehab that seems to make sense which may be different from what the docs and pt people suggest. Who is right?
I don't think there is right or wrong. It's what works for you. We suggest a gentle and gradual rehab as it has worked for most of our members. But if you are into PT - try it. You just need to be in charge and focus on saying no if you need to. No one should force your knee.

OP
OP
A

Arizona2003

Country
Thanks for all the replies. I am having my right knee replaced. It is comforting to hear from people who have walked (pun intended) this path before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Doxiemome
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom