TKR Time to Veg Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

landoz

senior
Well my day has finally arrived :yay: :dancy: :happydance: now if I can just survive the hard seats of the waiting room! :groan: Leaving for the hospital in about hour. I will post back to let you all know how it all went when I can! Good luck to all my other 29ers! :flwrysmile:

I looked forward to a "new" knee as much as anyone, but I'm always tickled by the excitement people have heading into this surgery. Hope all goes well.

Kathy, your day is here. Good luck. I will send special thoughts your way. See you soon with your new knee. Take care. Jenny

Good Luck Kathy. Will look forward to hearing about your experiences very soon. Take care x

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing from you after surgery.

Kathy... :giggle: hope the nursing staff didn't tromp on you too hard about those shaved legs. Looking forward to say hi when you are back with your new knee :heehee:
hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:

Hi Kathy, how insensitive are they....:boohoo: I have just called admissions to ask whether I could Nair Hair my legs, and they said that was ok...they were just worried about shaving because of infection if you happen to nik your legs, so Nair Hair is fine!!:yay:
Sending Hugs to you:friends:
Lee

Hi everyone

All went well, sitting up having some dinner. Knee feels pretty good, and I can lift it. Pain seems to be managed well, had a little bit of low blood pressure but coming back up now. Hopefully will get a good night sleep. Will post again tomorrow :) :flwrysmile:

Just went for my first jog up the aisle, feeling pretty good, have 90 ROM already. Just asked for a few more pain killers :egypdance:

Getting harder to lift leg now I spoke to soon. My doctor doesn't believe in evaluation all I could do was get nurse to evaluate bed up a bit. :sorry: all about keeping the leg straight. Might sneak my spare pillow under during the night if I can't sleep. :heehee:

Seems like there are no hard and fast rules - some are ok with elevation, some say no. Some say no PT just rest it, others want you up and at it next day :hissy: So I think if a pillow under the foot feels better for sleeping sneak in under the blankets!
You sound great, so very glad for you that awful waiting is over.

I go for my 4 week post op with my OS this afternoon. Can't believe it has been a month. I feel fantastic! Ready to get the other one done since this went so well :)

Continue your great recovery Kathy!

Heidi

Hi Landzo,
Glad to hear all went well !!! :yahoo: Please keep posting when you feel up to it.
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:

Getting harder to lift leg now I spoke to soon. My doctor doesn't believe in evaluation all I could do was get nurse to evaluate bed up a bit. :sorry: all about keeping the leg straight. Might sneak my spare pillow under during the night if I can't sleep. :heehee:
hi kathy and well done hope it all went well for you i cant beleive the april showers have all got there new knees time has gone so quickly i am 7 days post op on tuesday its funny you say that about evalute they said the same to me that it was better to keep the leg down and straight now im home i do a bit of both the swelling is coming down nicely ...... keep up your good work :egypdance: :flwrysmile: marie .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie