• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

THR THR To date

OP
OP
RMJD6

RMJD6

Country
Canada Canada
Okay people, I have a question. I'm now in week 7 and feel quite strong short of working on my walking without a limp. I've been doing the post-op excercises daily (give or take) up to now and would like some feed back as to when I can drop these from my daily routine and just go back to being me? How long have most of you carried these on? Remember that my progress to date has been relatively short and gainful. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PS. Walked a 1/2 K. in 7 min. the other day. Even surprised myself!

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
@RMJD6 wow, a 1/2K in 7 minutes at week 7 is pretty good, especially if you didn't suffer any setbacks! As far as the exercises go it's pretty much up to you. You may have noticed on BS that the big rule is hips don't need PT other than normal daily activities and walking to heel. Some folks here are quite happy doing exercises and others aren't.

I know I'm a lot stiffer if I'm not doing some kind of exercise, my preferred method is pool walking and some mild stretches. Some do the elliptical, some do bicycles, pilates, etc. I guess it depends on how active you are and want to be. Hope this helps a little.

mainegirl1

graduate
Country
United States United States
I find prescribed exercises boring and stopped doing them when cleared to do whatever I want at six weeks
I am hardly fit. as a matter of fact I was so slothful with an increasingly painful hip thst my walking is still snail like You are doing very well
I like to bike so I do that. I like to be out walking in the woods with my dog so I do that
I have plenty of stairs to climb
I havent been to the pool yet but with typical November weather coming on I will be going
I find things like glute squeezes and leg lifts and balance can be part of cooking and watching TV.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
samsonite
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom