THR THR tell me about your recovery

Do you tell them you're in pretty good shape for the shape you're in?

Ooh...two anniversaries I just noticed.
A belated Happy Two Year Anniversary for Lefty and a Happy Three Month for Righty!
Assuming you're doing well. Sensibly measured as you've been
and behaving yourself. What a Summer of 2020 you'll have. :SUNsmile:
All the best to you as you continue healing. Happy Tuesday!
@Eman85

Two years on the left and 3 mos on the right. Can't complain about either things are going as expected. Left still has it's moments but it's all issues with muscle, usually stiffness and some soreness. ROM is great and of course no joint pain. Filled out the 2 year assessment from my OS, a lot of questions so it took a while. The first questions dealt with stiffness which lets you know it's common. There were sections for comments, I told them I liked it so much I went and had the other one done! It does make you feel good that they follow up and care about their work. The right seems to be right on schedule as far as the recovery goes. Still easy to over do it and still has it's weakness. This one took a while to loosen up the muscles to give me access to my foot. It's been a slow stretching game to get there. Still have a little tightness left if I reach down to put my heel in my shoe. Still have some soreness on my outer hip in one area. I can make it a lot worse by walking in the woods steep uphills and downhills. Walking through town or on walking paths I can go for miles with no problems and no after effects. I still sit on my ice pad in the evenings if I did a lot that day, 4 frozen water bottles and it lasts for hours.

MY OS office is pretty thorough, just filled out my 3 mo. assessment for my right hip that they emailed me.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you weren’t affected by the devastation of the tornado a couple weeks ago.
Stay safe, well and enjoy the week, Eman!
@Eman85

Thanks for thinking of me. No, the tornado was about 125mi. west of me. The news kept saying Nashville but the worst was in the Cookeville area. Between where I am and Nashville there is the Plateau which is a string of mountains that block a lot of weather from reaching us.
Four months and so far so good. I still have one muscle that is tight right at where my hamstrings meet my glutes. I can feel it in certain positions when putting my socks and shoes on. Been doing stretches and it's been getting better. I have one spot on my outer thigh that is sore, it's a small spot and feels like a bruise when I push on it. Otherwise it's all good, no problem hiking trails and no pain afterwards. I know I can still over do it so I try to pay attention. I still haven't been on a ladder as that was what really got me last time. I've lifted things I shouldn't have and been using chainsaws and no problems, just more break times.

I was walking a lot after the first hip but the rt. went downhill fast so I had to stop. Started back to walking for my PT after this one and it's been good. Of course started on flat ground and did have setbacks as soon as I went to hills and in the woods. progress on paved walking trails was real good and I started walking my property which is a lot of hills and woods and slowly progressed to longer walks. Now we've gone to state parks and hiked trails on some tough terrain and it's been good.

Awesome update, Eman. Thanks for sharing how you’re doing at four months post op.
It sounds like you’re doing really well and as you know it will get even better. :yes!:
Have a great day and weekend. :)
@Eman85

This sounds like a great, gradual plan. Congratulations on hiking in state parks!

Of course started on flat ground and did have setbacks as soon as I went to hills and in the woods. progress on paved walking trails was real good and I started walking my property which is a lot of hills and woods and slowly progressed to longer walks. Now we've gone to state parks and hiked trails on some tough terrain and it's been good.

OK, five months in, very happy that I had the surgery when I did especially now with the virus. My timetable worked out great as far as being ready for spring. Staying at home isn't big deal for me as there's plenty to do and I have land to do my hiking on.
As for my newest hip it just keeps getting better. The muscle tightness and pain where my glutes meet my hamstrings is easing off. Simple stretches have done the most to eliminate the pain and tightness. That's been the only thing that has taken time to go away. The only time I felt it was putting a sock on my right foot or tieing my shoe. It's very faint now and I'm sure will be completely gone soon. Aside from that there isn't anything I haven't been able to do. Took my chances working on a ladder last week and it was fine with no pains afterward. A ladder is what got me with the left hip at 3 mos so waiting was the best idea.
Now for all of us the best thing we can do is stay virus free and healthy.

Hi @Eman85
So glad things are still improving and your patience is paying off.
Two new hips is definitely a life changer...this I know.
Can't imagine how things would be for me now, almost 3 years post-op...I'm sure I would be in a wheelchair.
Stay safe and healthy...hope today is a good day.

2 new hips are nice. I had bad hips for decades and they were painful but what really got to me was when they started locking because the joint got so bad. My mobility was important to me, like you I didn't want to be immobile or in a wheelchair.

I’m glad you are doing so well. Patience is key, isn’t it? So good that someone, like yourself, who does so much supporting is also getting supported. Continued good healing wishes to you and stay safe.

Happy Tuesday, Eman!
Happy Five Month Anniversary too. Thanks for updating. Its nice to read you continue to enjoy progress and are happy with the timing of your recovery and how you’re making the most of it due to the current practice of social distancing. It’s a blessing you have the
land / space to engage in projects, hike on and enjoy.
I hope you have a great rest of the week.
Be safe and stay healthy!
@Eman85

It is a wonderful thing to be able to do those routine things around the house without pain. Sounds like you are doing great and progressing with your slow and steady attitude. Have a great day.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to do those routine things around the house without pain. Sounds like you are doing great and progressing with your slow and steady attitude. Have a great day.
I get a laugh out of routine things around the house. My life is far from most people's routine. Today we were on a shed roof stripping the shingles and replacing some rotted sheathing getting ready to roof it. Then went in the shop and worked on my race car.

Routine does mean different things for all of us. I don't like heights so I definitely would not be on the shed roof now though about 20yrs ago I helped my husband do shingles on the house (2 stories tall) by going out the bedroom window unto the roof of the porch and then up but I never really stood up but moved along sitting. Whatever our routine is it is definitely nice to be able to do what we want and enjoying being active. Have a great day.

Eight Month Anniversary for, Righty, yesterday! :happydance:
I hope all is well with both hips and you’re having a great Summer, Eman.

It’s been miserably hot and humid here. Pretty much have the AC running 24/7. I have a love hate relationship with it. Would love nothing more than to have the windows cranked open, but there’s no movement out there...stagnant. Fall, my fave, is just around the corner! Can’t wait.

A great week to you as you begin your ninth month with your newest hip. Enjoy!
@Eman85

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks