THR THR Questions

Lol yes they did actually let me play around with a hip during my joint class , it was smaller than I thought it would be. I'll make sure to get on and message you guys once I'm awake lucid a bit. Can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the well wishes I really needed it

TomT.. you will do just fine. They will have meds ready that will help your back pain, too.
You will feel so much better soon, try not to worry about the actual logistics of the surgery, okay? you surgeon knows how to do his job and soon you will be marveling at how well the new hip works for you.

Best wishes for an easy surgery day... see you on the other side! (recovery)

You are going to do great @TomT ...
Sending healing mojo your way in advance:friends:

Thanks Mojo , do you guys think I'll be asleep before they do the spinal injection? I think I'm probably going to flip out if I'm not

Hi TomT.. ask them! I bet they will accommodate you and honestly, I don't recall either of my spinals so I must have been in a twilight zone.. which is weird because when I think about it, I KNOW I was awake for the second spinal for hip number 2.
The first hip, the anesthesiologist asked me to sit up and lean forward and that's all I remember! They must have pushed the sleepy juice at the same time. elieve.
They try very hard to keep us comfortable and calm in the pre op rooms.

@TomT sending you good thoughts and positive vibes for your surgery tomorrow. I personally didn't have the spinal due to previous spine surgery, anesthesiologist thought general would be better. Like Cricket says though, most people don't tend to remember the spinal or very minor discomfort if any.

Don't worry about PT, they shouldn't expect much of you other than showing you how to get in/out of bed, use the walker to get to the bathroom and maybe a short walk. It's really surprising the first time you stand up and realize the

@TomT Let staff know you need more pain relief. They are as anxious to keep you comfortable as you are.

I'll start your post-op thread in the recovery area for you and post a link here. Hang in there!

Thank you Jaycey I'll tell them

do you guys think I'll be asleep before they do the spinal injection? I think I'm probably going to flip out if I'm not

Sharing my experience, as I was also concerned about the spinal. When the anesthesiologist was explaining the process to me, he told me there would be a cold solution applied to my back, and then he told me if I could get a good hump in my back, it would be helpful, for the spinal. (I don't remember his words, just the fact that I need to hunch forward). In my mind I was VERY focused on how good of job I was going to do.

I already had an IV in my arm (which was more stressful, as the nurse had a challenge getting it into a vein), as the anesthesiologist was walking me through the process. They walked me into the OR (very surprising), and I had to hop on the HANA table. I was sitting up on the table, and the anesthesiologist said he was applying the cold solution, and that is the last thing I remember until I woke up in recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back