Hip Infection THR from hell

:wave:Thinking of you my friend...hope you are adjusting to your temporary new normal.
Continued prayers for healing!:friends:

Hello everybody...

Stopped in to say hello. Update: Wound is sealed and healing so far. Hopefully the picc line comes out this Friday? They are worried about the sed rate being 44. I disagree after being cut open so many times since last May... Especially that I had 2 surgeries within 10 days 5 weeks ago. Time will tell! Hope everyone is doing good!

Took the drone up..t got attacked by a swarm of hornets... Bug guts all over the place.. Not fun to clean!

Nice update, @Fractured . It's good to hear that things are going well.

I've moved your post from Izabel's thread because it was about your progress, not hers.

Great news! @Fractured
Glad to hear you had some fun with the drone. Too bad it had to turn into a cleaning project after the fun.
I hope you're right with your hunch on the sed rate.
Keep in touch and have a nice Sunday!

Pleased to hear you are healing. My Surgeon said he expected levels to be up after surgery and 44 is not THAT high! Keep your positive head on and enjoy that drone and your Sunday.

Hi @Fractured
For real? Did you run into the hornet nest or you were just in their territory?
Never thought about that possibility.

Glad it wasn't you.
We have red wasps en masse around here and you Do Not want to get them riled up. Stings are like hot pokers in your flesh.
I too hope high sed rate is caused by the surgery trauma.
Hope you're Sunday is Happy

New here and just read your thread. @Fractured So sorry to read all you have been through. Hope #5 is it for you and that you can get on with your life. How do you like Arizona? Just wanted to say hello and send positive thoughts that your left hip can finally heal and you can get back to living!

@Celle OOOpsie. Sorry! Thank you!

@Layla Thank you.. It seems to be going in the right direction

@Mojo333 Yo Mojo... Nope I ran into them at about 100 feet with the drone. They dive bombed with me to about 20 feet and I watch from about 30 feet away and they got sliced and diced. I agree on the Sed Rate Trauma!!! Sunday will be a happy one. My old partner Teresa is in town with a bunch of girls. She is only 45 mins away in Scottsdale. She is coming for a visit. She just retired from CPD!

@Fit4Family Thank you for the kind words and positive thoughts... Welcome to the forum. We LOVE Arizona!!

@clodaghcov LOL Run... Heck I can barely walk on both legs. I can tip toe with the left leg using the walker. I'm hoping to get the special shoe this week!

Ciao

Took the drone up..t got attacked by a swarm of hornets... Bug guts all over the place.. Not fun to clean!
This made me laugh - but probably not funny for you. That must have required quite a deep clean!

Thanks for checking in - you are in our thoughts.

Yubba Dubba Do!! It's about time you get some fantastic news.
So happy to hear it and ecstatic for you and your wife.
Thanks for sharing that wonderful news with us.
@Fractured

:yes!: super happy to hear...
:happyfeet:

Welllllll... @ Everybody. They are playing it very safe and extending the antibiotics another week. Whats another week at this point? Thanks for the well wishes as always!!!

Better safe than sorry...but sorry you have to be subjected to it.:sigh:

Just noticed your signature...portraying your hip history...is infinitely longer than your update.
Hope you and Mrs. Fractured are in good shape for the shape you're in.

Stay strong...you have lots of us humble supporters on your side.:ok:

You're right, what's another week at this point. Hope it flies by.
Wishing you and your wife a Happy Easter!
Keep us in the loop, we'll be here...
@Fractured

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker