Hip Infection THR from hell

Great news for all staples out and not draining any fluid!
I hope the next ten days flies so you an be rid of the wound vac and then a few weeks later the PICC line.
Take care and keep us posted. Hugs to you both!
@Fractured

:wave:
Hope it's a tad more comfortable with the staples gone.
It's been a really long torturous year for you I know and I'm just so sorry for all the struggles you and your wife have endured.
Still sending good mojo your way.
Roll on April 19!:ok:

@Layla @Mojo333 I was told yesterday to start putting slight weight on the leg while walking with the walker. Ive been babying it. Well I stood on the leg a bit yesterday. It acted like a shock absorber. It felt so weird. The leg actually moves up and down internally. Took a lil getting used to. But Ill take it. Bone is starting to form between the pelvis and femur. Is it March 2020 yet?

Haha! :heehee: I love how you're able to keep your great sense of humor through this all.
I wish I could blink you to March 2020.
Yay for first steps. :yay: So awesome!
You have an amazing story....no denying that. You two will remain in my prayers. Hugs to you both.
@Fractured

Shock absorber is right...this whole year has been a shock on you and yours.:scare:
I'm with Layla...amazing you are your same old great guy self...
And attitude CAN be everything.
So you might be a bit gimpy for a bit
I like gimpy people!:friends:

@Fractured slow and steady does it. I get the frustrations of feeling it’s taking so long but you’ll find each week gets a little better! I’m 5 months out from my revision and can do 4+ miles ok, work out at the gym etc and I’d been basically wheelchair bound for a year. Don’t push pt if you’re still doing it, especially if it hurts. Lots of ice!!! You’ve been through hell and it’s just going to get better from here!

IMG_E0610.JPG @Whoknew I know the feeling. Moved to Arizona to retire over a year ago and 7 months have been in a wheelchair. And a sad day in deed today. Our beloved Mya has to be put down... Heart failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fractured So sorry for the loss of your little furry friend. They steal your heart but will always be remembered. Run free little Mya!

Aww, that cute lil face! I'm so sorry for you and your wife, Greg.
Those fur babies certainly worm their way into our hearts and letting go hurts.
Sending love a hug to you two today and wishing you comfort in your sadness. :console2:
@Fractured

My darling little mojo is now 16...I dread the day I have to say goodbye.
But hope he won't be in a lot of pain or infirmed for a long while!
Sincerest sympathies...

sorry to read your whole story. I posted today that I am 1 year post revision surgery and still on oral antibiotics 2x a day. Haven't felt great for the last few days. Today I noticed that my incision is leaking a little. This has never been a problem and I am really stressed. I am waiting to hear from my surgeon. I hope you are about done the vancomycin, That and rifampin made me so sick.

Hi @Fractured .
Wondering how your walking has been going and if you have been able to rid yourself of the wound vac yet?
I pray for your healing everytime I log off the forum...and if you haven't felt some good vibes coming your way in the last few days , it's only because it takes a while for them to get from Georgia to Arizona!:tada:

I hope you're hanging in there...you certainly have been having a rough time of it lately.
You're often on our mind here with hopes you're doing okay.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful rest of the week.
@Fractured

@Pattikakes This is my 4th picc line since last May2018. Makes me sick as a dawg.

@Whoknew Thank you. It gets a little easier each day. Ijust focus more on our other pooch Bella

@Mojo333 Tx Mojo.. Walking... LOL My left leg is 2 inches shorter now. And when i do put weight on it. It reacts like a shock absorber. I am walking with a walker somewhat.. Being fitted for a elevated shoe very soon.
And YES No More Wound Vac as of yesterday!!! Woooo Hooo

@Layla Im treading water... I think LOL Im just stir crazy and tired of laying around.

Great news on losing the wound vac. Steps in the right direction :walking:Keep the faith.
Hopefully you can get out to smell the roses one of these days.
A car ride? Meal at a restaraunt during a slow time? Coffee at a coffee shop to do some people watching?
I hope you're able to do something to feel refreshed soon.
Hugs
@Fractured

Thank goodness to be rid of that "sucker"
I hope that once you get the shoe, you can get about easier.
:friends:

@Fractured I'm so sorry about everything you continue to go through. I continue to keep you in my prayers and hope you're finally reaching the finish line. Keep up the good fight!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks