Hip Infection THR from hell

Goodness. I can’t begin to imagine how you deal with this! At least you are alive. Sadly my sister succumbed to Sepsis 4 years ago as the NHS did not take her seriously (sent her home from the GP twice) and by the time they did it was too late. Thank heaven you called 911.

Best of luck and hope you get, finally, a brand new shiny hip that works! You have been through so much - keep making those videos...

:sad:Oh Fractured...
I'm glad you got to the hospital ASAP.

You have always managed to stay so strong ..in spite of all the disappointments. I am in awe of your determination.
I am praying for you to recover from this procedure quickly so you're body can have a break from all its been through.
Know that we are all wishing you comfort at this time.:console2:

Wondering if @johngy40 might give you some insight into recovery of his
Girdlestone procedure.
His signature is inspiring.

bike accident in 1977 aged 16 fractured pelvis left hip
Left thr in 1981 aged 21 lasted 1 year
Changed to Girdlestone 1982
Girdlestone changed to thr in 1992 lasted 26years
Hip revision may 2018

This is a heartbreaking tear-jerker. I'm thankful you got to the hospital in time.
I'm so sorry for your long suffering. Your wife has been a devoted partner but I'm sure you're both mentally and physically exhausted. If anyone has the strength to continue moving forward with determination, it's you, Greg.

You know we'll be here to encourage you in any way we're able as you move through the weeks and months ahead. This has been a long dark road for you, but with your faith in God and the prayers of many, coupled with abundant love and support, I believe you will triumph and the sun will shine again.
Praying for your peace of mind, patience, comfort and healing.
@Fractured

@Fractured I am so so sorry, I have been watching for news of you, this is just a new beginning for you and I know like me you will make the best of everything and it is all possible with little or no pain. I walk with my crutches anywhere and as my rheumatologist said yesterday mine is like a girdlestone but because i have no femur everything has just had to adhere to each other, plane journeys,driving and just doing every thing you used to do before this nightmare began, you will understand why I have chosen to wait a lengthy time or ever to try again. A huge weight has now been lifted off you, enjoy all the things you and your wife like you can still do it all even if its abit slower. I am releived for you the worry about infection is nearly over.xx

@everybody. Thank you so much. You all brought tears to my eyes. I honestly believe Susan and I made the right choice. My body and spirit need a break to heal. My wife is a sain and I’d of never made it thru this without her. This forum and all of you keep me inspired to fight the good fight. God bless and thank you

So sorry to hear it didn't work - that really really bites. Glad you got to the hospital fast though. I sure hope things get better for you in the future.

@Fractured ,
So sorry "it" didn't work. I'm not religious but I wish you comfort and peace and health in future even if this is not quite what we expected. But you were wise enough to rush to hospital and get treatment and life-saving measures. I hope you'll soon be able to do what you enjoy again, like flying the lovely drone. I liked your pictures. And did you know you had a beautiful home in a beautiful area full of sunshine? Best from Constanze

@ everyone... It is good to be home. I missed Susan and the puppies. Actually feeling pretty good! Drinking Probiotics and my Emergen-C perked me right up. One day at a time. I think Im actually relieved knowing that Its actually healing. It's what my body and mind needs at the moment!! I may even take a flight tomorrow. Talk soon!!!! Greg & Susan

@Fractured so sorry to read your latest update. Please keep fighting. We are with you all the way! I hope this next phase allows you to build up your energy levels again. Stay strong!

Hey guys :wave:
Glad you're back home with your beloved, Susan, and the puppies. :puppysmooze:
You sound good! I'm happy you're feeling some relief at this time. You need that emotionally.
Give it all a rest and just b-r-e-a-t-h-e for a bit. I believe you'll have your happy ending,
you're just taking the long way home. Prayers and support always. We care about you.
Hugs to you and your wife :friends:
@Fractured

Yay for Home!
I am glad you are feeling stronger already.
I believe you'll have your happy ending,
you're just taking the long way home. Prayers and support always. We care about you.
:yes: what Layla said:wink:

@Fractured Well done, dogs are magic, our 6 keep me active and extra happy. You will be up and out in no time, please consider using Kefir.xx

Hello everybody. Wound is healing nicely. The vancomycin is rough at 2 doses a day 1.75 Mg ea. But it's doing it's job. We think we mad the right choice. My body is healing well. Minimal draining and the incision is closing faster than ever! Tx as always for all the support. My leg is almost 2 inches shorter. But minimal pain!! Ill be in touch!!

Glad to see your update @Fractured ! We are all cheering you on. Stay strong!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads