Hip Infection THR from hell

Wow...amazing the quality of pics you get with that toyl of yours..
Toy +tool
No wound vac...no picc..would have to feel like you are getting out of jail, I should think.
Stay well, friend ...sending good mojo your way...as always!:praying:

Well..... I still have an 8th of an inch or smaller opening on the scar that is leaking fluid. Well only a drop or 2. It doesn't soak the band aid but it is a concern. All I can do is hope for good numbers on this Mondays blood test. Or next months surgery will only be a wash out and Im back to square 1, picc line wound vac and all!

Unbelievable. I'm sorry you even have to be concerned about this. I can only imagine how disheartening it is. But....Jaycey is right, let's hold onto hope until Monday. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
@Fractured

Jeepers @Fractured , you’ve been through the mill. Hoping your bloods come through fine, and that all is ok to proceed with surgery for hip 5. Rooting for you!

Ps: hip 5. Shouldn’t you be in the Guinness book of records or something?

I will be adding my most fervent hopes and prayers for good results for Monday also!:beg:

Blood results were just emailed. Everything looks good!! Still leaking a drop every now and then but nothing marginal. would even soak a Qtip. Next is an aspiration.. Keep yaz posted. Thanks for all your prayers. The CRP is at 5

Hello Everybody.... Quick question... Has anybody with a spacer and antibiotic beads complained of excessively itchy skin??? Ortho says its from the antibiotics but doesn't want to give me steroids. I'm wigged out on Benadryl all day! I should be having the aspiration this upcoming week. If I pass... New Hip. If not... another spacer?

Delayed hypersensitivity? Is that what it's called? Maybe someone will stop by who's experienced it.
@clodaghcov may be familiar, or @SCaprae
Not sure if @Josephine will be around today but maybe she could weigh in.
I'm sorry you're feeling the negative effects of the Antihistamine.
I wish I could make it all go away for you. You've been so patient through it all, always seemingly upbeat.
It has to be exhausting. I pray the results of the aspiration allow you to finally move forward. :prayer:
@Fractured

Its unreal Layla.... My skin feels like its on fire. No welts or hives. My wife cant scratch my back hard enough. Nothing but fun for me! LOL

Aww, so miserable, you have my sincere sympathy.
Both of you. It's been a long ride and I'm sure you just want OFF.
Hugs to you two :console2:
@Fractured

Just posted this on the Knee side for another poor soul fighting infection and itching from Benadryl.
It's some info to consider...your choice.

Hi Madbkseller,
Sounds like you're having a rough time. I'm so sorry, you have my sympathy.
Since you're concerned about the long term effects of Benedryl, understandably so, a few things to look into and consider -

Vitamin C which helps boost your immune system and acts as a natural Antihistamine.
Some foods that are high in Vitamin C are - Oranges, Grapefruit, Kiwi, Chili Peppers, Bell Peppers, Spinach, Kale, Bananas, Limes, Blackberries, Pineapple, Broccoli, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Squash, Cucumbers, Carrots.

I'd also recommend you look into a good Probiotic which can also help boost your immune system and assist your body in fighting off allergies.

Natural Probiotics in foods - Yogurt, Kefir, Sauerkraut (refrigerated, not canned) Tempeh, Kimchi, Miso, Kombucha.

Following is an article from the BoneSmart Library on Probiotics -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/probiotics.20811/

Wishing you comfort. I hope you find relief soon. :console2:
@Madbkseller

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks