Lounge Doctor

THR THR done on right hip, on to recovery!

Eman85

supremo
Country
United States United States
Sounds like it's all going well. Glad you stood up and opted out of PT, unfortunately many have similar experiences and keep going thinking "they know best". I would use ice after long walks and it made it a lot better as far as any swelling.
The fact that your OS didn't question at all when you stopped PT says a lot about healthcare. It seems they are pushed by the corporate part of healthcare to send people to PT no matter the outcome as it's profitable.

OP
OP
B

boricuaterp

Country
@Eman85 - I took your advice this morning of icing after just finished walking for 30 minutes inside the house; it feels really good :ice:. I also agree 100% with these healthcare decisions being driven by profits.

By being part of this wonderful community, I have access to resources and first hand information that guided me to make the decision of stopping PT. Many other folks out there that are going through similar situations just continue to plow through the pain, never realizing they might be doing themselves more harm than good.

Eman85

supremo
Country
It was a while back a PT was on here saying they were going for a THR. I never saw any follow up, I would have liked to known their take on it post-op and if their methods changed.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FunctionIsFun
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom