THR THR after failed femoral neck fracture pinning

What a wonderful update! Thank you for sharing. I found myself falling into my old gait, even limping at times in the early months of recovery. This was pointed out to me as I didn’t realize on my own. I found it was usually when I was tired, but as they say, old habits die hard.

You seem to be back enjoying life and your days will only get brighter. Hopefully this time of self distancing and staying at home will pass soon and you’ll have a beautiful
Spring / Summer 2020. :SUNsmile:
Be safe and stay well.
@Laskyd

I'll bet it feels great to be gardening again---it sure was for me! Do be careful though. Under normal circumstances you use so many different muscles when you garden, and it's easy to overdo. After this surgery, it is even easier to think you are feeling great and then end up pulling or straining something.

My biggest issue when I resumed gardening was my balance. I would often step in a tiny indentation in my grass as I walked to my gardens and feel like I had stepped in a crater. Or I'd step into a bed and brush against something and feel like my balance was off. Gardening is always good therapy, and especially so now with all the stress of Covid 19. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Layla
Thank you so much for your well wishes!
Today my back hurts after making a big trip to the grocery store. With the new Stay at Home order in Virginia I have to make my grocery visits very infrequent and buy hundreds of dollars worth of groceries. At least they had toilet paper!
I went there early before I got a chance to finish my exercises. Big mistake! After the grocery store ordeal I am back in bed with a heating pad on my lower back. I will skip the garden today!
@Debru4 yes— I have fallen in those little holes hidden in my garden. Thank goodness that was before my surgery. Now I am being very careful and I wear shoes with good tread.
Have a great week!

Hello and Happy Wednesday. :wave:
I’m sorry you’re back in bed dealing with pain. I hope it eases soon and you’re able to enjoy time in the garden again.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
Stay safe and well!
@Laskyd

I did a huge shopping trip yesterday, trying to get ready for at least 2 weeks without the need to return back to the stores. It was exhausting so I can relate to what you are dealing with.
Hopefully your resting with heat on your back will help you recover quickly.
It's a unique time for all of us, for sure.
But you are seeing improvement.. which is a wonderful feeling.. I still have days where I cannot believe my good fortune with my shiny new hips.

@CricketHip @Layla
Yep those grocery trips have become quite an ordeal! I was pushing two loaded grocery carts to the car. Thank goodness my back is feeling good again after resting in bed with heating pad. I finished my exercises today and my back feels in better alignment.
Glad that the weather was not sunny today so I didnt miss much.
Just taking it easy and enjoying life with a shiny new hip! Amazing how great life is now without hip pain, even with all this virus craziness.

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you’ve had a good month since we last heard from you. Please leave an update when you have time, we’d love to read about your progress.
Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@Laskyd

Thank you @Layla and @FCBayern for your well wishes!!
Three months out and still doing well overall. I don’t have to use a cane anymore but need to keep focusing on my gait to make sure I don’t start waddling if tired.
My back bothers me some if I walk too long, or bend too much from gardening so on Monday I start Telephysical therapy. Will try it but miss the hands on approach. I am thinking I have sacroiliac pain. Will let you know what happens.
Feeling blessed that the hip surgery is behind me!

Hello and Happy Thursday!
Sounds like you’re doing well. I had to concentrate on my gait also. I could get sloppy and fall into old patterns especially when I was tired. I’d have to remind myself “heel-toe, heel-toe” frequently it seemed. Congrats on losing the cane and doing well overall. I’m sorry your back is bothering you. Hopefully the virtual PT helps.
Wishing you only the best moving forward. :)
@Laskyd

Yes, the waddle likes to come back. I did a lot outside the other day and my husband says to me do you realize you are waddling. I knew it but was too tired to care. It does not happen that often any more thank goodness. Good luck with teletherapy. It is a different world for sure.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562