THR THR/A Doing Well

Non related update

Had pretty major hallux rigidus fusion surgery on the opposite leg big toe about 5 1/2 months after the THR - had previously had bone spurring and calcium growth with a couple of surgeries to trim the bone over the last 25 years. This was more a complete clean out and restructure.

The foot recovery makes the hip recovery seem like a walk in the park. More painful, FAR less mobility - zero weight bearing for six weeks, and just now beginning to feel the big toe and ball - 10 weeks!

So, in comparison of what a pain in the xxxxxxx ... hip - easy, foot - awful!

I've heard that about foot surgery! I'm 3 weeks post THR, right side and also have hallus rigidus on left great toe! But, if I wear the wider shoes I am not really bothered by it. I have been advised not to have surgery unless it gets so bad I'm limping or can't push off at all on that side. It is hard to stand up from a half-kneel stance, but I am working around that. Good luck with both of your recoveries (hip and foot)!

Well that's interesting. I hope once recovery is over that the end result is well worth the pain.

:skep: You've been keeping a secret...that's a big deal! I know, none our bizness... but I've heard that's a very rough recovery and might be different appendage and different leg, but certainly would have gained my sympathy.
Hope you have been elevating it and are now doing better.
I read it can be 6 months to heal? :sigh:

Thanks, All!

Feeling ok ... glad medical professionals are taking such good care of me! Way great our generation has been given such extraordinary opportunities to return to normal.

Positive outlook!

Walkabout tonight in downtown ... “Gallery Night.” Mobility increasing, again.

Back to the gym, soon!

@ForumUser ouch! Well, it sounds like you are getting a "toe up" on the recovery. It sounds very painful. Modern medicine is a real blessing..

Once in a while I think about where I'd be if I lived in the 1800's :old:

You're doing well, @ForumUser
I see you're coming up on nine months already, a week from tomorrow.
Way great our generation has been given such extraordinary opportunities to return to normal.

We're really blessed in this fact. Many of us would be in a wheelchair at far too young an age. Makes me very thankful for the opportunity of a second chance!

Thanks for your contributions here. Have a great rest of the week!

Hi All!

One Year on the left!

Zero issues - don‘t even think about it any longer!

If I can do this - anyone can! (OK - with the help of lots of incredibly well trained medical professionals who spent their lives studying to be able to help us all).

Special thanks to the volunteers of bonesmart ... and to all of you who provided your lessons learned.

Happy One Year Anniversary!
So very sorry we missed you. You aren’t on the May 2019 surgery list. We’ll have to add you.

It’s great to read your update and know how well you‘ve done for so long now.
Thank you also for all of the straight to the point, no nonsense support and encouragement you’ve shared in regard to those following behind you!
May this next year be even better than the last! :)
@ForumUser

The wonderful time when one no longer thinks about the hip. Happy anniversary and happy hiking.

images (1).jpeg

Salut for a stellar recovery!

Missed my friends at bonesmart.org!

One year check with doc two days ago - he walks over to computer, reviews X-rays and says how ya doing, I say "great" - he says "looks good." I say "thanks, doc." We both air elbow bump and he walks out.

I continue to rebuild houses, crawl around attics, lay tile, replace cabinets, install microwave ovens, go boating and prep and clean boat, change oil and transmission fluids, carry heavy "stuff," climb ladders, swim, long walks, etc - NORMAL LIFE - yay!

Was going to be in gym, but C19 delayed that - post vaccine, for sure!

Was going to be back in Europe, but C19 delayed that - post vaccine, for sure!

Hey @ForumUser
Its good to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by with that encouraging update.
Wonderful to read you’re back to a full and active life. Sorry your return to Europe will be delayed, hopefully you’ll get back there sooner than you’re expecting.
A great week to you!

@ForumUser way to go; you sound like me (although none of those work activities actually appeals to me but could do them lol).

Back in December, when I needed something to get me through the long drawn-out end of my mother's life, I booked us the cruise of a lifetime-- two weeks!!!- for August 2021. I am so glad I didn't go for earlier, but if there's no vaccine by then I'll still be hunkering down. Ugh.
Please take care there in sunny Florida.....

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom