THR THR/A Doing Well

You look splendid!
Yay for hip replacement :egypdance:

F5C53476-EDE3-46F1-88FA-414F3E0B0ABA.jpeg
Two months ...

Beautiful Colorado Maroon Bells trail just outside Aspen.

I just couldn't help myself ... great trail ... kids telling me to do this.

AppleWatch telling me 5 miles today ... first time since The Op.

BTW ... I am still being VERY CAREFUL!

Amazing! What beautiful scenery! Thanks for sharing.
Lucky you out there enjoying life and the beauty of nature and logging 5 miles today. It's good you're being careful. Consider icing at the end of your long active days, can't hurt, right? Stay safe and enjoy!
@ForumUser

Back home ... all fine.

Still a bit of swelling ... this can take months. Surgical site nice and tight, pretty flat ... had some raised “bubbles” along incision, but kept massaging them ... gone. Not sure the bio oil makes as much difference as just massaging ... oil helps to keep from irritating the skin, I think.

Logging 2-5 miles most days ... no issues, gait pretty stable ... goal on this and the first hip was not to look like the limping antelope on the Senegeti ...

Hi @ForumUser
Good to hear you made it home safely.
I'll bet it was a wonderful vacay. The photo certainly reflects some beautiful scenery.

You're right, swelling can take months. Elevate when you have the time.

As far as the oils and creams, I don't believe they have any healing properties for the scar. Applying them will soften any dry skin, but I think they mainly keep your fingers from sticking, instead gliding freely as you're massaging the scar, which is beneficial.

You're doing great. I'll bet you're happy. :happydance:
Enjoy the evening!

Last edited:
Great to see you doing So Well:egypdance:
Still a lot of healing happening, so glad to hear you are being mindful and careful with this hopefully forever hip!
Onward...:ok:

:wowspring:So glad to see you are doing so well.
Have a good week @ForumUser :SUNsmile:

Hello and Happy Monday!
You're doing great. Thanks for updating.
I hope you have a wonderful week! :)
@ForumUser

Writing from Canada on week long fishing trip ...

Yeah- LOTS of fish at Camp Quetico, Ontario - flight from Florida to Minneapolis fine - 7 hr drive to Ontario same day piece of cake ... five days of launching and recovering boat, fishing 8 hrs a day, moving around in a loaded boat, etc all FINE!

Scar pretty darn flat now, sleeping fine either side, continuing to stretch to loosen up tight tendons and muscles to make things like putting on socks and shoes easier ...

Last edited:
:happydance:Hooray! So nice you are getting back to doing things you enjoy @ForumUser
That tightness does hang around for quite a while, but it will get there.
Hope you caught some big ones:bigfish:

:goodpost:
Happy happy happy for you!:happydance:

So awesome! Thanks for sharing the photo and update.
You're doing so well. I'm happy for you.
And at only three months post months post op, it's still going to get better! :happydance:
@ForumUser

So, friend that had hip done 3 mos ago just emailed me. I had given him max mess for insisting he was going to continue to ride ...

He just t boned a deer in Colorado ... hip MAY be ok, but shoulder broken and multiple ribs damaged.
Oh my stars..that really is the pits.

I've always been a devil may care risk assumer....
UNTIL I had double THR.
I LIKE my new hips and plan on having a great pain free life and for the first year especially, erred on the side of caution.
Can't plan for all contingencies. Right?
Glad you have taken a conservative approach...and hope all is well with you!

Last edited:
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hope your recovery continues to go well. Can't believe its four months already.
Leave us an update of your latest adventures when you have time. You're definitely enjoying a great recovery.
Have a nice week!
@ForumUser

17 weeks

Today finds lovely spouse and me completing five days in Crowborough, UK with castles, estates, long walks in huge gardens, staying with friends, todays’s ride to ferry in Newhaven, ferry to Dieppe, FR, three trains to Bayeux, FR and a great dinner! Hardest day since my left THR - LOTS of two suitcase carrying up and down stairs in train stations ... long walk to B&B in Bayeux from train station ... then dinner and back.

GREAT day.

If I can do this, anyone can!

Attachments

• 7535D27A-DAF9-4303-99F2-045B1A8EB792.jpeg
    7535D27A-DAF9-4303-99F2-045B1A8EB792.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 189

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023