TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today is a lazy day to say the least. I have sleep most of the day. I was busy for two days and it got me today. I sleep thru a dose of meds and it really effected me. My knees were sore most of the day. Now is better. Tomorrow will be a busy day but will be good. I need to put more into my day but I don't know what it will be. I need to get out every day even if its just for a few minutes. I know the dog will have to be walked but I need to talk to someone every day. I wonder if I have been hiding because I didn't want anyone know that I am still taking medicine. Boy is this a eye opening moment. This is a interesting journey. Everyone do take care. Tashi

A very Big day today. Did lots of things that needed to be done like yesterday. My flowers are doing very good. Today I got a water pitcher so I can water them right when the heat come in. tomorrow is going to be a down day. I really need it. This recover is really taking a long time. I wish I knew how much longer I have to take a easy. I have a appointment next month for a year on my left knee. Boy has time flew by. I am so much better than last summer but still wish I had recovered more. I love to travel and not be able to really bother me. But thats life for right now. Everyone do take care and have a good weekend and a fun one. Tashia

Hi Tashia dropped by to see how you are. Hope you have a restful weekend. This recovery is sooooo long isnt it and some days you feel like screaming at the sheer frustration of it all. I was told yesterday my problems with ROM are due to lack of physio care in the first months after the TKR . I only had 3 visits to my PT which is ridiculous isn't it. So now I have to start again with more exercises and Im going to start a new group of TKRs who do exercises together. I hope this is going to help. I think its wonderful you are getting a dog. It will be such good company for you. My husband goes out at 6 in the morning and comes in at 8 at night so I too feel the need to talk to someone at least once a day. It does get lonely sometimes. Weekends are better for me as I see my daughters then. I hope your weekend is filled with warm weather, happy healing and lots of activities you seem to enjoy. Take care.

robynhood, A dog is a good friend but I still like to talk to people too. My flowers are doing great and its so good to see them the first thing in the morning when I open the certains. I started my day off with a drive which felt so good. I have found that ROM comes and go. I don't worry about it any more unless it get in the way of me wanting to do something. The biggest problem I have is trying to get into the back of some cars but I remember even before my knees went I found some cars hard to get in and out. I went out for lunch the other day and found that I climbed the stairs without thinking. It felt so good. Then the next day I could hardly move. Yes recovery is slow but so worth it. I hope you also have a good weekend and get to do lots of fun things with your daughters. Take care. Tashia

Hi Tashia. I am still awake here in AZ. It is 1 in the morning here. I hope you are feeling better and continue to get out and about. I tend to isolate myself at home at times too. My RTKR is scheduled for May 29th so I am trying like crazy to control my anxiety. I hope you have a pleasant weekend. Laura

tashia. Hi Tashia!! Well, well, well, here we both are up in the middle of the night!! Hubby and I are up watching TV.. Since he retired, he is loving staying up late.

Since my TKR last summer I seem to have turned into a night owl! I thought i would read some posts for a while and then go to bed in a little while. Tomorrow we are going to Lowes and get my new 4 door Samsung refrigerator. They will order it. It will take about a week to come. I want all this done before my surgery in June.

Titianlady, I have found that the surgies have changed my clock. I really sleep long in the afternoon after being active in the morning. It also seems that I fell asleep tonight and now paying for it. I fully understand you wanting to have all this done before surgery. I tried to do the same thing but I made it worse. When you go out make sure you take easy. Take care. Tashia

mom2twins, Thank you for posting something on my post. Anixiety can been really ruff. When I am really anxious I take many deep breaths, and cout to five before I release each one. I hope you can understand me, I am tired but still awake. Remember we will get you thru this. Just keep posting. There is someone here all the time. Take care. Tashia

Thanks Tashia, It's nice to know the people on here get me. I mean they all have similar stories with their knees but it goes much further than that. I know when I can't sleep there is always some one here to read about and it helps me know that I will get through this all.

Had a wonderful day. Feel like I am getting back to felling normal. Boy its been so long. good to be able to do stuff I use to be able to do. Did sleep a lot again but I guess I needed it. Everyone please take care with all the crazy weather out there. Prayers for the Midwest with the horrible weather. Take care and please be careful. Tashia

Took my car out for a run. It is so much fun. I found that I am forgetting to take my medicane and the neat thing is I don't hurt. But I must be careful I don't want to get into trouble. If this continue me forgetting I will see my doctor and see if we can start reducing my medicane even more. that would be so great to be able to drive whenever I want and travel. Get to go and see people and sew. Just think of all the wonderful trouble I can get into. This whole thing has been so hard on me because I am not a home person. My house is getting so organized I almost think I am in the wrong place when I come home. :snork: I am going to try to be gone for a couple of hours a couple days this week so I can build up my strengh. Its time I think. My car agrees. :wink: Every one do take care and be safe. Tashia

Tashia, it's so good to hear you happy and enjoying stepping out more and more. Slow and steady has been your mantra and it appears to be working for you. Hang in there, girl!!! You're doing just great!!!

Jamie, I am feeling more like myself. The thing I am discovering that I was sick for so long I almost forgot all this energy feels like. I really don't think I was well after Cancer before I took on the replacements, but had to be done. Thank God gave me the strength and the good surgen for all of this. I couldn't as for a better doctor or hospitals. I have been very lucky since I now realize how weak I was when I started all this. Also this site did save me and I do know you know that. I was really in trouble when I found you and didn't have much hope to be able to make it. I am so grateful for everyone here no words can tell how much I am grateful. I know there is still more to go but I do feel it is much easier. My body is getting stronger and so is my mind. I hope I can help someone as much as you have help me. Please take care in Kansas because I know this is tornado time and they do what they want to do. Stay safe my dear friend, Tashia

Glad to hear you got out to drive Tashia. Its been a long recovery for you but maybe thats why you appreciate it all the more. Youve come thru all the setbacks and disappointments of this surgery and a cancer survivor too. I have so much respect for you. I hope you continue to get stronger each day. You are an inspiration to everyone on this site who feels there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is and you are here to prove it. Have a wonderful week Take care x.

robynhood, Thank you so much for saying what you said. All of us have a road to travel and it helps so much to have friends here to support you when you need to hear the Hope, and the prays from everyone. We are one big family and we are so lucky to have each other. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. tashia

tashia,
I am so happy to hear what a good weekend you had, and that you have been able to get out more, and enjoy your new car.
Please be sure to get some rest so you have energy for tomorrow.:SUNsmile:

Pumpkln, I found that I was a little tired today but not sore. That is so great, How are you doing? I hope you have recovered from you trip to help your MOM. Take care and do rest. Tashia

Tashia, your post really got to me....what sweet and heartfelt words. I'm so glad we were here when you needed us. That's what we're all about and what we try to be for folks out there, but it really hits home to hear that we've helped in this way. Thank you for posting that!!

And I'm even more thrilled that you've decided to stay with us and help others. You do that very well and you are definitely an important part of our BoneSmart family!!!

Jamie, You are one of my :angel:. Stay safe with the weather the way it is. Tashia

:blush: :thumb: My friend.....((((HUGS)))))

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back