This Teacher's TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all (((hugs))). I needed the kind words today.

My boys are planning on spoiling me I'm sure. They are lining up movies to watch with me on our big tv. Given me a bell to ring too. :) The pups I know won't leave my side, especially after I am at hospital for 2-3 days. I am their favorite human.

I think I've reached detached and indifferent when it comes to husband and his family now. Makes me sad, grieving for what we once had. What he decided to throw away.

The psycho has not been in the picture for years, but stalks me online still I'm sure, and even moved to same state we did with her latest bf. (At least that's what we found out 2 years ago). But at least is still about 800 miles away...just, really, you can't even make this rubbish up. Would put Jerry Springer guests to shame I think. LOL!!

Kazilla, I'm new here and don't know you, but your story has really touched me. It's OK to grieve what you've lost and what you hoped to have. I'm really sorry you're going through all this right now. Your boys and pups will will be a wonderful comfort. Your boys sound like wonderful young men.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Aren't our 4 legged friends the best?! I lost my only child, a son, in the 80s, so I don't have any children, but I'm a cat rescuer and I have them to love and cuddle with me! Right now, I'm caring for 11 of them, having just lost the 12th last week, and they are my family. Kazilla, you are so blessed to have your boys by your side and you will be fine. Ignore that one that ignores you. Just be cordial, but pretend like he's not even there! Or better yet, kill him with kindness. He won't know what hit him!

Dog and pony show in full swing right now. His family in and our son grads tomorrow. Keeping it all about our kiddo and his accomplishments.

My classroom is packed up and just a few hours required tomorrow morning till superintendent says we are free for summer.

Come see us real often until this nightmare of company leaves. We will be here for you! And tell your son congratulations from your BoneSmart friends!

He is now a high school graduate!!
:dancy::loveshwr::yay:
Monday is orientation at college campus.

(And the extended family is gone before I wake tomorrow )

Last edited by a moderator:
:yes!:Congratulations! You must be very proud of him. I'm sure your miss the in-laws:heehee:

Realizations this morning. Funny, or maybe not so funny...there was not a single pic taken of the two of us with our grad. Or even as entire family. He made sure to take care of his mom at the arena. Even sat between his mom and sister. I don't think he took any pics.

But our oldest sat next to me and took lots of pics and video. Made sure I navigated up and down the steep steps. Our youngest came and found me right after and gave me the biggest hug. Wanted pics with me and his brother...and his girlfriend. It was me he wanted to ride there and home with.

I'm so proud of him graduating with honors after all he's been through. I hope he doesn't realize the other happened yesterday once the euphoria of graduation wears off.

Meantime, I'm paying for all of the walking/climbing stairs yesterday, but it was very worth it! I'm elevating and icing the knee today.

How wonderful that your children are right by your side! You obviously have done a good job raising them. And I'm sure you were the one that did just that! Your new knee will be here before you know it and then your new life! Hugs and prayers are sent your way. Looking forward to see you on the other side, and then soon joining you there!

Your boys sound like wonderful young men. How nice that they helped take care of you and the new grad wanted to be with you on his special day. In a few more days you will have your new knee and be on your way to a life without arthritic pain. By the way does your oldest need a girl friend? My youngest is single. :heehee:

Actually, my oldest IS currently unattached. He's 24. :heehee:

He's already texted me from work to make sure I'm in bed elevating and resting the knee. Has forbid me to leave house today. LOL! But I am going to see the new Captain America movie before I go in to hospital.

Are you able to elevate while you at the movies? I take my cane everywhere and make sure I have either a handicapped seat or an aisle seat where I can prop my legs up on my cane. It helps.

Yes. I will elevate using my crutches, done it before. Smallish theatre near me so it's easy to do

Oh good! Every little thing helps.

My youngest just turned 25. She's the one who always calls me to make sure I'm taking care of myself and comes here often to make sure I am.

I hope you enjoy the movie. We have a couple of new theaters where they actually have recliners as the seats. You think the owners have had a TKR? :rotfl:

Kept it elevated. Movie was good!

Came home and did night one of the surgical soap regimen. Sheets washed in sanitary settings on washer.

Just over 48 hrs to go!!

Hi! I am a teacher too, specifically a Social Studies teacher at a virtual high school. I am graduating my first class of seniors next weekend, so I am super excited!

I am 35 years old and have a TKR on June 13th. We head to Houston for training in early August, but I teach at a virtual school, so I will be working from home after that. My goal is to be pain pill free by September, right after school starts.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back