This is THE day ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jo, so the day dawns closer than ever now eh? Never mind, less time to worry. Perhaps they will put green colouring in your IV as it's St.Patty's day? They put it in the beer over here!!

I was never told to wear Ted Hose, never even had them on after surgery, maybe that's why I had so much swelling?

Anyway, I wish you all the luck in the world for a great surgery and recovery. ((((HUGS))) Sue

Hi Sue! Hope you are feeling well today!
Nope, lucky me! No swelling thank goodness,,,,I never had swelling,never wore TEDS at all,,,,,there goes that theory! :);

Thanks Judles. Oh well, I must just be one of the 5% of patients then that my OS said I am!! I gues I will just have to do as a friend of mine often says to her kids when they don't get their own way, "Suck it up Buttercup"

Oh Sue! Haha! Your friend has the right idea! Feel good & have a lovely day! :)

Thanks, you too. Have to sign off too, it's 10.30am and I haven't even "jumped" in the shower yet (did potter around downstairs for a while though). (((HUGS)))

It's getting close now, Jo. I have been thinking about you often, and you are on my prayer list. If it was a "stretch" to get the flexion to 100 degrees you know it is definitely time!

ai41.tinypic.com_6qb044.gif
Jo, I think you may be nearing that stage where the excitement is nervousness and vice versa. Remember what you always say.....that being nervous is just misplaced excitement!!

I can get it to about 110 when I'm sitting up and pulling my foot under me! Or is that cheating?

I like that animation, Jamie - you're not going to outdo the principle here, are you?

I wouldn't call that cheating. It gets there!

NEVER would I want to upstage our fearless leader!!! This was one of the graphics in the software I just purchased. There are some good ones....feel free to steal them!!

Compression stockings,Beth! Think white knee highs! :)

Was just looking for the extact definition of TED when I found this on the Oxford Radcliffe Hospital website ...

Information about Thrombo Embolus
Detergent stockings (TEDs) for patients on admission.

Anyone spot the deliberate mistake?
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_heehee.jpg

Of course - should be 'deterrant'

Of course, I know you're all gripped by my daily doings but thought you might like an update ...

Today I went for my pre-op haircut! Came straight home and cut, stiched and mounted some flags for an order. That done, change the seat on the toilet and then fitted new castors to my foot stool (sat on it last week and busted a castor!). Now all I have to do is clean the house, catch up with the laundry and pack ready for my theatrical debut!

And
- not surprisingly - my knee hurts!

Josephine,
I'm so happy to read your posts. My surgery is scheduled for next week also -- Monday 3/16. I'll be in a meds-induced state of mind by the time you have your surgery but I'll send good vibes anyway.
I'm not sure what to bring to the hospital besides the necessities. Am I being too optimistic to bring a card game and my laptop?
Take care -- I'll be sending good vibes across the water to you (I'm in WA state).

Errrr,,,a light day I see Jo. (NOT!!),,,,,aren't casters downright dangerous??? I had a friend try to sit on one in my kitchen & he went flying! I was so mortified, I removed the other caster, never to replace again!!! :)

I'm just talking about the 4 wheels on a little foot stool is all, Judles, Nothing more. It's actually quite handy when I want to pull it nearer or push it out of the way with my foot!

What is it you're talking about?
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_xmasskate.jpg

ai10.ebayimg.com_05_i_001_25_e7_1e41_1.JPG

It looks cute (bought it on Ebay) but the drawers are very loose and if you push or pull it too quickly, they pop out! Otherwise, it's okay - and cheap!

Jo--just wishing you nothing but the best. I know you will come through it great! And if you have any problems, you know where to come with your questions :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks