Revision THR Third time's the charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a stitch come poking up through the incision and was planning to call the doctor Monday morning, but this evening i was just straightening it out to check how long it was (1/2") and it came away. There's no evidence along the incision to even indicate it was there.

Well, good for you!!! That's a pretty common thing that happens but you took care of it perfectly.

A real 'do-it-yourself' treatment, eh? :snork:

I started back to work this week. Got a bit tired, but that probably shouldn't be a surprise. I was able to walk 1/2 mile without using the cane this evening. Life is good.

:yes 4:

Oh the first week or so back is always a killer!

Good for you!!! It will get easier each week.

Just got back from my 8 week post-op appointment. Everything is still in place and bone is ingrowing nicely. My restrictions are lifted, so I can start getting into trouble at my usual level.

I still use a cane to get started, or I end of shuffling along for the first few steps. But I can do my 1 mile walks without the case once I get started.

Great report!!!! Keep up the excellent recovery and do try to stay out of trouble as much as possible....:th_heehee:

:hysterical:

Hi Gene. I'm a bit confused. Your surgery date just says October 2011, yet you say you had your eight week post op check up? Am I losing it?

Hi Gene. I'm a bit confused. Your surgery date just says October 2011, yet you say you had your eight week post op check up? Am I losing it?

Lets's see, October has 31 days and my surgery was on the 4th. 31 - 4 = 27. My checkup was on Nov. 23. So 27 + 23 = 50 or 7 weeks and one day. I guess I'm the one losing it.

Now to figure out how to edit a post. I know there's a way.

P.S. "The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 2880 minutes after you have posted." So I guess people will just have to read the whole thread and get to this part to figure it out.

Awww....no biggie, Gene. Actually once a post is more than 24 hours old only one of the staff can edit it. I don't think it's worth it for this minor difference. Most people only approximate their days and weeks anyway.

I don't know about everyone else but I started losing track of the weeks once I got to about 8 or 9 anyway so I vote to just say a couple of months. :thumb:

Gene, changing the post is not important at all. However, you may want to "Edit Signature" and put the October 4, 2011 date, instead of just October 2011.

Does that make more sense? Iit is easy to do.

Thanks Gene and keep up the GREAT work! I sure hope "third time's the charm" for me too!

Gene, changing the post is not important at all. However, you may want to "Edit Signature" and put the October 4, 2011 date, instead of just October 2011.

Good idea, thanks.

Best wishes with the "un-wiring." Sure hope that solves you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jojojo1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom