Thigh pain

millie4162

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello everybody.
I wonder if you could give me some advice ?
I had a revision on my hip replacement 6 years ago. I have always had discomfort from it of various degrees. However I have now developed bad thigh pain. I thought it was my knee but am now wondering if it’s in fact my hip.
Has anybody had this happen to them after so long ?
I am trying to tell myself it’s muscular but starting to doubt myself now

Hi @millie4162
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling and suffering pain. I've tagged the forum Nurse @Josephine for you.
Let's have her weigh in and advise. She's in the U.K. so please check back in case she needs more information from you.
Wishing you comfort!

I had a revision on my hip replacement 6 years ago.
Mind telling for what reason you had this revision?
However I have now developed bad thigh pain.

Perhaps you would tell me the site of this pain using this chart?

aa hip-references-horz.jpg

Hi I had a revision due to original hip becoming loose after 19 years of hard labour.
Pain is in L2, v,w,x,y,z
I thought it was from my knee when it started but now I am wondering if it’s my hip ?
I have an appointment in Dec and had rang today and soonest I can be seen is 11th sept !
The other option is I go to A&E

No my 1st replacement lasted 19 years of hard labour. This is the revision I had in 2012. Not sure what I can do. Am having to use my wheelchair a lot.

So it this where your pain is?

millie.jpg

Yes and in my knee
Front of knee, just below knee cap and both sides of knee.

Hello everybody
Sorry for the delay. Seems left knee pain is due to a problem with my knee. Not hip. However I have now developed a problem with my right hip.
The pain is right in the groin and awful when I try to walk or move. I fact I am having to use my wheel chair. Can’t get to see my consultant until September 11th. Am really fed up

Hi @millie4162
Sorry you're still struggling.
I just noticed you didn't answer Josephine's questions.
Who diagnosed the pain as originating from your knee, and is it gone now?

Currently your pain is only in your right groin area?

Hi.
Not had internet so didn’t respond. I went to the GP in the end as knee pain was so bad and my knee kept giving way on me.
Knee is still painful to walk on but not able to walk much as pain in hip is so bad.
When I had revision on right hip they didn’t change the cup so I am wondering if it is now moving. The pain is very much like nerve pain right in the groin.
X

Hi again,
I'm sorry you're in pain. What was the diagnosis for your knee?
Consider tagging Josephine for advice if you feel you'll be able to
keep up your communication with her. I'll leave that decision up to you.
Wishing you comfort!
@millie4162

I have arthritis in my knee but the GP said it’s a problem with the ligaments. She has reffered me for an urgent MRI but as just I haven’t had any appointment. I have had an appointment for the physiotherapist dept on Thursday. Not sure if it’s worth going as don’t even know what the problem is ? I am at a loss as to what I can do or which way to turn at the moment x

Ok. Can’t stand the pain any longer so I’m going to A&E. Will try post any x-ray pics later x

Aww, sorry you're struggling so.
Let us know what you learn.
Hopefully the source of your pain is revealed and dealt with so you're able to move forward.
Wishing you comfort today.
@millie4162

Evening all. I hope everybody has had a good day. It is still very much hotter than we are used too here.i ended up going to A&E in the end. I was in so much pain. I couldn’t move. Unfortunately my consultant was on holiday so I spoke to another. She agreed with me that it sounds like something is moving or come loose. However she couldn’t see anything on the x-ray !
They have moved my appointment forward now to 21st August which is the 1 clinic the consultant will do after his hols.
I have also increased my OxyContin to help with the pain.
I feel happier at least somebody is at last listening to me.
Hope you all have a restful night xx

Hi @millie4162
Thankfully you have an appointment soon. Let us know how it goes.
I hope your meds help with the pain as you await the 21st.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful weekend.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back