PKR Thigh pain, can't put pressure on leg

Thankyou, I really need it

I went to Dr. Today, he gave me a shot in bursa in thigh, could be my back, maybe, no direct reason ...why....

I'm just taking mobic now .

I have been sleeping in recliner, well I last nite, I slept flat out on couch and my sciatica pain is gone ..so now just left with pain on side of thigh....

I am resting more during the day and don't do as much until this let's up.

See pt tomoorrow

I'm glad that sciatica pain is gone! Good for you resting more.

I don't know if I can do this..
Went to therapy today, found out my thigh bursa is inflammed and muscle pushing against it. It's weak. So no walking that will irratate it. And ice it...

So my leg is a 6 , I have to get it flat, and top of my knee is just ripping .

The extreme pain in my thigh is hindering my knee exercises. So much pain. !!

All I'm taking is atarax to keep relaxed and mobic..

My checkup with Dr is Jan 3, I'm too afraid, I won't make it, I gotta really push my knee, but not to tears pt said..

Am I strong enuff I'm triple hurting

So my leg is a 6 , I have to get it flat, and top of my knee is just ripping .

The extreme pain in my thigh is hindering my knee exercises. So much pain. !!
Give all your exercises a rest until your pain settles down. Trying to exercise is just going to upset those painful places still more.
Rest, ice, elevate, and only take short walks around your house for a while.

I gotta really push my knee, but not to tears pt said..
Your PT is telling you wrong. You don't need to really push your knee. Remember what we advised - If it hurts, don't do it. Discomfort is OK. Pain is not.

It's not exercising that gets you your ROM - it's time. Time to recover, time for swelling and pain to settle, and time to heal. Your knee has the potential to achieve good ROM right from the start, but it's prevented from doing so by swelling and pain. As it heals and the swelling goes down, your ROM (both flexion and extension) will gradually increase.

Your PT wants you to gain ROM quickly - that makes her/him feel good, but it's not the best thing for your knee. Your knee isn't lazy or unfit - it's wounded and it needs time and gentle treatment, so it can heal.

There's no need to rush to get ROM because it can continue to improve for a year, or even much longer, after a knee replacement. There isn't any deadline you have to meet:
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR

I agree 100% with Celle. Rest your painful leg so it can settle down and heal. Too many PTs do not really know how to rehab a knee replacement.
Your knee isn't lazy or unfit - it's wounded and it needs time and gentle treatment, so it can heal.
This is very true and too many PTs don’t seem to get it.

Moving around your house doing your daily activities is enough movement to help your knee progress:

Yes, I am resting with ice on my hip, trying not to walk right now, it irratates my side, got get that taken care of ...

Right above my knee is so painful, pt was massaging , I said is that scar tissue that feels like it ripping, he said no, it your knee fibers....I said. No-no, stop it was excruciating, .... what.

I think you should call your doctor and tell him how much pain you are in. Maybe a change in medication will help. What are you currently taking?

So sorry you are going through this. I'm 1.5wk into a Left TKR and experiencing excruciating pain due to an aggravated cyatic nerve & a decrease in prescription pain med. By no choice of mine. I can't imagine how awful it has been for you having such excruciating pain in your recovery as long as you have. I hope so much you get relief soon. Will be following in your hopeful positive outcome.

Faith.png

I am taking mobic 7.5. 2 a day.

The sciatic settled down a bit,. But bursa in thigh is inflammed.

It's hard doing therapy, because I am guarding and protecting my thigh, that it's tightening. Up so much, I gotta use a cane.

I was thinking muscle relaxers,....pain meds do nothing for sciatic pain,. I tried.

I am resting my thigh, but how do I get it to relaxxxxxxxx?

No-no, stop it was excruciating,
Your PT is causing you extreme pain. This should not be happening. Don't allow this. He's doing more harm than good. Tell him, "No touching!". Your knee is still a baby and should not be treated this way. All you need to recover is gentle movements, ice, elevation and lots of rest. You are not helping your recovery by allowing anyone, including yourself!, to cause your knee any pain. No pain=more gain!

I did tell pt yesterday. No, I can't do that, and I didn't do it. I said I can't just hobble in here on a cane and start exercising, I need warmed up, muscle massage, heating pad,. You can't just throw me on machines. .

It’s way too early in your recovery for any machines, anyway;
Regaining our ROM is more about Time than repetitions of a list of exercises.

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Normal activity is the key to success.

I had to take an anxiety pill to calm me, I actually got up and walked around my kitchen table alot, and easier....I think I'm tightening my thigh to protect and I'm stressed, ..makes pain and tightness worse.....future fears I guess, holidays,.....

Right above my knee is so painful, pt was massaging , I said is that scar tissue that feels like it ripping, he said no, it your knee fibers....I said. No-no, stop it was excruciating, .... what.
Your PT caused you severe pain. It's time to tell him "Hands off my knee." None of what he did is necessary. In fact, I think he is retarding your progress.
It's hard doing therapy, because I am guarding and protecting my thigh, that it's tightening. Up so much, I gotta use a cane.
I advised you before to stop doing therapy and exercises and let your leg settle down. You don't need exercises to recover your knee's function. Just using your leg during the course of your normal daily activities is all exercise for the knee, and it's all your knee needs right now.
I did tell pt yesterday. No, I can't do that, and I didn't do it. I said I can't just hobble in here on a cane and start exercising, I need warmed up, muscle massage, heating pad,. You can't just throw me on machines.
I'm glad you told your PT what you realised, but I think you need to take a break from all PT therapy for a while. In case you're concerned about doing that, read this:
Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to?

I'm not going back to pt til my thigh bursa settles down...
My knee is fine and it's getting there. I'm happy

I'm sad because my thigh bursa is so inflammed and hurts , I can't walk, using a cane,. If this pain in thigh let's up. I'll be fine and dandy...

No-no, stop it was excruciating,
Your PT is causing you extreme pain. This should not be happening. Don't allow this. He's doing more harm than good. Tell him, "No touching!". Your knee is still a baby and should not be treated this way. All you need to recover is gentle movements, ice, elevation and lots of rest. You are not helping your recovery by allowing anyone, including yourself!, to cause your knee any pain. No pain=more gain!
I've learned the hard way we MUST say no if we hope to recover 'properly'. My PT called today to ask if she could come and I politely declined. I'm such a sissy my brain tries to feel guilty but I refuse.

I hope you will say 'no' so you get relief from the agony that consumes our peace. It only took me one, what I thought was a gentle PT session, to send me into pain h*ll' to finally understand what 'sistersinhim' is talking about in her reply!

I also realized I was just as responsible as my PT for the pain by not saying no!

Hoping for better days ahead for us both!

SnoopWoodstock.png

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks