THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

@Maldugs THR recovery can take 12 months or longer. It is not unusual at 7 months to still have tenderness on the op side.

What is your activity level these days?

Hi I drive, garden, play lawn bowls twice a week, I walk, but I can't walk as far as when I could before the replacement.

Hi Maldugs

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble at seven months. I am interested to see what you find out is wrong because I am in that same boat. I am at around the six month mark and I don’t think I am doing as well as I should be doing but my doctor tells me everything looks good. He did say that he thought that I had bursitis but I don’t think his diagnosis is correct. Let us know what you finally find out.

Hi, 8 months out, still pain at night, can only sleep on one side at a time which wakes me up several times during the night, have been doing physio at doctors request, stepping up on operated side, bridging, doing standups from chair with elastic band around thighs, every day to strengthen my operated side leg and glute muscles, my left leg is stronger, but I am still sore at night, my surgeon is going to review me in July, he says it is only muscular.

You paint a dissapointing picture M ,could it be that your continued night out improve quickpain is a result of your training regime ? at the risk, have tried easing off for a while,I hoping I'm not still suffering 8 month especially simple walking. I'm 4 weeks today , how were you sleeping early doors. Hoping that you improve quickly.

Sorry to hear you are still having pain @Maldugs. Since the pain happens at night you might try backing away from the exercises and see if it helps. It's very possible that even 8 months out your hip isn't happy about your activity level. Worth a try, all you have to lose is pain.

Hi everyone, 14 months since my THR, was doing ok but 5 weeks ago at 3am I was coming out of our bathroom in the dark and hit the end of the bed and fell onto the hip side and broke a rib, that has healed but I am wondering if I have damaged the hip somehow, as I am quiet sore, my balance is off and can't walk very far before it gets sore, no problem sitting down or driving, am seeing my surgeon next week, maybe ligaments or something or maybe my body is getting old, we shall see.

regards Mal.

I’m sorry to read of your accident. It‘s good you have an appointment with you’re surgeon to make sure all is well with your hip. Wondering if you’ve iced at all through this incident? If not, it may help, as well as OTC mends to get you through until your OS visit at least.
maybe my body is getting old, we shall see.
All of us are aging and as we do so, we may not bounce back as quickly as we did in our youth. But hey…aging is better than the alternative, right?! :wink:
Wishing you comfort and a good report from your surgeon next week. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi again, saw my Surgeons Physio on the 22nd,as my OS was at a conference, he assessed me, moved my leg around, put pressure on hip in various places, and said he was sure it was muscular, gave me an exercise ( lying on back, knees bent up, drop leg to side 30 times, twice a day) this has improved my walking so far, but I am still sore in hip area, sitting , driving, I am ok, he ( the Physio ) said this week he was going to chat to my OS, and ask him if he want's imaging done, my scar is sound, has a depression at the end near the top of the femur, (which he said was caused be the sutures) but I have no redness or swelling in the area at all, so don't think any infection is present, they are going to ring me next week, so see how we go.

Regards Mal.

@Maldugs sorry that hip is still not cooperating. I hope you can get an x-ray - if only to ease your mind. Please keep us updated!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom