THR Thigh Pain after 11 weeks

Hi @Layla and everyone else reading this thread and offering help and guidance. So I saw my OS last week. I'm 5 months post-op now. Got an X-ray and all looks good. Of course that can't determine if there is micro motion with just a snapshot on the X-ray. The OS said it all looked good and that I just have to be patient and take it easy. I'm still having thigh pain...Some days are better than others. Trying to take it easy. He said bone growth can take a while and he wants to see me in 6 weeks. He said to massage it myself and it would be ok to see my chiropractor for some lower back pain and just straightening things out. Maybe that will help. Getting a little discouraged.....Hope all is well with all of you!

Hello and a Happy Monday to you!
At not quite four months post op, you have room for improvement as your body continues to heal. I've read that it can take one to two years for bone to keep changing and remodeling around the metal prosthetic and this can cause some aching. I'll bet it was reassuring to have your surgeon confirm that all looks as it should on your x-ray and a comfort to know you'll see him again in 6 weeks.

Have you tried icing at all to see if it helps relieve the pain? Consider dedicating some time to icing, if you're not already. I'd schedule a massage also as it could help overall. At the very least bring you some temporary relief and relaxation. Do stay in touch and thanks for updating. It was nice to hear from you.
@readytogo

Hi @Layla....thanks for responding...you all don't know how much you help all of us!!! My husband wants to start a Hip-Anon support group:) He's funny! I tell people he has "hip fatigue!!".
I've been icing all along....sometimes heat feels good too and my OS said to just massage my thigh myself...I did go to the chiropractor today for the first time since the op and that really felt good!
I'm sooooooo happy you said that it can take a looooong time for the bone to keep changing and remodeling!! My OS said it takes a while too and that of course everyone is different. Patience!!! I had read that the bone stops growing after 3-4 months so I thought I had missed that window! Am feeling more hopeful!
Thank you again

My husband wants to start a Hip-Anon support group:) He's funny! I tell people he has "hip fatigue!!
:heehee:
My husband would have joined this group.:umm:
"Hi, my name is Mr. Mojo333 and my wife is a new hippy":oyvey:
:giggle:

I know it's hard to describe what is normal as there are often lots of different stages of discomforts.
My poor quads were sore for up to six months due to my quick return to work, I'm guessing.

Hope all keeps improving:tada:

I totally understand all the discomfort and worries you have had , I also had my right hip replacement surgery on May 28th 2019 and I also have hurried my recovery and experienced some of the same stuff that you have. Keep your head up and play the long game , I am trying the same thing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To @Layla, @mojo and husband and @Kilofive.....thank you all for your encouraging words!!! They do help a ton. Forgot to mention the good news....although I have OA in my left hip, and thought I would eventually have to have that one done, my OS said it wasn't that bad and that I would probably never have to have it done!!! Yeah!!!
Will let you know how things go...Good luck to all of you.....

although I have OA in my left hip, and thought I would eventually have to have that one done, my OS said it wasn't that bad and that I would probably never have to have it done!!
:egypdance:
Great news.:yes!:

I agree...great news!

A belated Happy Four Month Anniversary to you! Missed it two days ago. :blush:
Hope you had a lovely weekend. Best wishes for a great week! :)
@readytogo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom