TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

What two wonderful trips you have planned! I can't wait to hear how good your new knees do!

@Thesoutherncook I’ve just read your entire thread. Amazing recovery. One could only wish for a recovery like this. Fantastic work. Well done. Just out of curiosity. What were your symptoms which led you believe there was something not right with your hip? It just seems that that diagnosis came out of the blue. Have you been experiencing lots of pain?

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@shelli22 In January I was feeling on top of the world! I booked a week in Paris with a girlfriend for April and 2 weeks in Italy in October with my DH and another couple. In February I started having lightening bolt pains in the groin of my left leg. I asked my general dr for a PT order and for 3 wks my super good PT guy worked on me...he tried everything! It would feel perfect and 30 min after I left PT, it was excruciating pain again! PT guy advised me to go back to see the OS who did the TKR, thinking ( hoping?) it was tendonitis and an injection of cortisone would take care of it. The OS took one look at the xrays and said “When do you want to schedule surgery? You need a hip.”
I was stunned...and the rest is history. Because I begged for the cortisone injection, we are waiting 3 mon for surgery. Thankfully, we are almost there! I am shocked at how fast the pain has increased and how uncomfortable I have become! I look forward to June 12!

I hope June 12th comes quickly for you and you are once again pain free. I'm sure it must have been a shock to get the pronouncement that you needed a new hip.

I'm sorry you now need a new hip, Helen.
I hope the pain doesn't increase any more. Roll on June!

Primary Care Physican signed off on surgery release for June 12. I still cannot wrap my head around 3 joints in 3 summers! Really!? Next summer, I need a better plan! Bring it on! Everyone says hips are a “piece of cake after knees”! :whistle:

BTW, Paris has been moved to November ( and now my daugnter will be able to go!)
And Italy is still in October! Places to go, food to eat, wine to drink!!

best wishes on a successful hip replacement surgery with not too much pain ~ what better way to celebrate your recovery than 2 trips to europe.:flwrysmile:

You are headed towards being the bionic woman! You'll do fine.

Hi All!
Just popping in to say stay the course, don’t give up, do what you need to and soon you will be better than ever! I do not regret any of the 3 replacements I have had and can honestly say they have greatly improved my quality of life!
Hard work? Yes! Painful recovery? Yes! But totally worth it!
Be thankful for your Bonesmart friends and advisors. Encourage one another and look forward to pain free days and nights.
A good friend has TKR next week with my OS and his protocol has totally changed - no outpatient PT!!! He has an App for PT and a consultant who checks on patient progress! He still does outpatient surgery ( I was home in hours after TKR and in even shorter time a year later after THR). I can hardly wait to follow her progress and cheer her on!
All the best to each of you!

Hello Helen. Welcome back.
It's good to hear that things are still going well for you.

Hello Helen - so great to hear how well you’re doing! You are an inspiration! I still have the wonderful chicken soup recipe you shared several years ago, and made it several times this winter. May you continue to enjoy good health.
Julie

Today is my one year anniversary on my THR! I can hardly believe it! I have absolutely no pain or discomfort or restrictions! Totally amazing!
This past year I have been to Italy for 2 weeks, Paris for a week, resumed all local activities and community involvement, hosted company several weekends and am about to hold Grandma Camp for 2 weeks ( 8 yr old week 1, 5 yr old week 2!). I cannot say enough good things about my surgeon and his protocol! If you are within 2 hrs of Atlanta, he is WELL worth considering!
For all of you just beginning this journey or considering it, take heart! You will do GREAT!
Hugs to all,
Helen

So glad to hear your good news! I am doing great as well. So worth the journey! Still have not tried to make homemade marshmallows, but hope to try soon.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back