Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Bilateral THR The time has come...

GimpyTexanGirl

Country
United States United States
I've been reading some of the comments about getting your life back after THR...I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. I'm only 46 yo and both of my hips are shot. I'm meeting with the surgeon next week to form a plan. I look forward to using this site for support when things get tough.

leejaa

Forum Advisor
Country
Welcome. Lots of information and support here for pre and post surgery. Ask anything, someone will have a suggestion. I hope your appointment goes well. Keep us posted.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @GimpyTexanGirl
I used to be GimpyGeorgiaGirl:heehee:
Eureka! Gimpy no more.:chuckmarch:

I had endstage OA in both hips that caused me alot of issues including lots of lower back pain. After several years of elusive diagnosis, I had both hips replaced May 1, 2017.:tada:
I am ever so glad I did it and got my happy healthy life back.
This forum was a lifeline for me, so stick around. Lots of great advice and support here!!!

RinTinTin

senior
Country
Canada Canada
I've been reading some of the comments about getting your life back after THR...I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. I'm only 46 yo and both of my hips are shot. I'm meeting with the surgeon next week to form a plan. I look forward to using this site for support when things get tough.
Hi there @GimpyTexanGirl....
Welcome!
I am so grateful I found this site before my surgeries. Plenty of good advices and articles to educate you about your possible THR.
I know exactly how you feel with both hips shot... and happy to hear you are meeting soon with your OS to form a plan. Hope you won't need to wait too long for your treatment.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@GimpyTexanGirl Welcome to BoneSmart! I hope you will come back and tell us a bit about your situation. We are here to support you through this journey.

Orel Aquila

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have my bilateral THR on the 6th February. How are you feeling? I am so conflicted with relief that the pain could be reduced and I can walk pain free again and scared a kit the gruelling recovery and rehabilitation.

Going4fun

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Welcome. Love your goal of getting your life back. That's what ultimately brings most of us here.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Decadeofbliss
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom