THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Still early days @sequin98 ! How did they close your incision again? Please let us know how your appointment goes on Tuesday.

They used steri-strips, and a crazy amount of padding.
I can hardly feel the ice through it.

:friends:Keep it on there any way...it's probably kind of numb.
Healing hugs my friend:loveshwr:

May each day be brighter than the one before. :SUNsmile:
A peaceful rest of the weekend to you!
@sequin98

Question: would a THR take care of a torn labrum? I have no clue...

I would say yes since it's not uncommon for those who undergo arthroscopic surgery for a torn labrum to end up experiencing a total hip replacement.
@sequin98

They put an electric pressure device over my incision. Still no pysio, they think the tight flexors are connected to my draining incision. Wait and see...

Hey Sequin.
I'm sure you are very anxious about this and I hate it wants to be stubborn.
I certainly have no medical training...but
I have heard of the use of electrical stimulation to improve surgical wound healing.
Wishing you comfort as you wait...:console2:

Hello Sequin98....The bandage is a negative pressure therapy wound dressing. Had one for a few weeks after my last revision. They work very well, they are designed to accelerate healing , increase blood flow to the area while simultaneously drawing out excess fluids.
There are several types. Mine was portable with a tube running from the wound dressing to a small pocket battery operated monitor. Some are larger and the larger style can be a bit noisy and not portable and tethered to the monitor with a small tube for a few days. What type do you have? It really helps healing and keeps the wound clean and free from fluids.
When mine was removed it revealed a thin red line hardly a scar at all.
Sending healing angels on your healing journey.:angel:

Last edited:
This one is pretty quiet, but there is still some blood, despite my trying not to sit. When will the bleeding stop!!

Hi @sequin98
Hopefully soon.
Hang in there. We're rooting for you.
To brighter days :SUNsmile:

I am so sorry to see that it is still bleeding and making you anxious. When will you check back in with them, or did they say when you should call if it didn't seem to quit?
Sending healing thoughts ...:console2:

I see them on Monday. Hoping it can stabilize in the meantime..:nah:

Is it improving any, sequin?
I sure hope so. If not and you're still concerned consider checking with the office
of your OS tomorrow to see if they can offer you any reassurance. Otherwise it may feel like a long weekend.
Best Wishes for a peaceful evening!
@sequin98

Still icing, and using crutches. This pad seems to be holding the blood in, hoping it will until Monday, when I see the OS and nurse.

Let's hope so @sequin98 :fingersx:
I hope you have a restful weekend.
Let us know how it goes on Monday. :friends:

Sending you all the best wishes my double hippy friend.:friends:

:hi: Best wishes that all goes well today at your appointment.
I do hope that it improved this weekend.

Best of luck at your appt today.
I hope that the bleeding has stopped. Leave us an update if you feel up to it.
We're here for you. :friends:
@sequin98

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie