THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Oh no...sounds miserable.:oyvey:
It was all that soft tissue disturbed and then freezing cold...shivering tightens everything...
I bet that seemed like a very very long walk.
New double hippy, yay!:yay:
I bet you are happy you are home.
Unfortunately, ice IS your friend..
So keep it cool friend!:ice:

Glad you got into the house safely at last and your surgery is over! I know when I visit my kids in Calgary & Edmonton in the winter months, it is hard to get around for sure! Not much better in Ontario this year mind you. I imagine you have finished your PT quota for the week with that little trudge so now rest and sit on ice rather than skating on it! :)

Oh no! Poor sequin.
Glad you're home. Take your meds on schedule and ice, ice, ice :ice:
You know the drill :wink:
We're here for you :friends:
@sequin98

just the stiffness is my big issue...but I expect that. I can't wait to see the superpath benefits! :praying:

Happy Weekend! Although in recovery all the days feel the same, lol.
Keep those meds and ice going and your 5 minute walks every couple hours.
I'll bet you'll be so pleased with the result in the very near future.
A peaceful weekend to you :)
@sequin98

I don't remember my butt hurting this much the last time either...swelling, I guess.

Yep, I recall mine being a source of discomfort too.
Try sitting on a thinner gel ice pack if you have one. Should help with the inflammation and pain.
Put your tushie on ice :heehee:
Hope today is a good one!
@sequin98

A bursa perhaps? ugh
More likely trauma to soft tissue that has to settle.
You are just days or of surgery.
I would imagine it would be difficult not to compare recoveries and assume any differences might be a complication.
Of course I didn't have to compare as I did mine simultaneously, but I've heard many here warn against comparing recoveries.
Two different hips ...so please don't get anxious.
Lots of folks describe your discomfort.
Early early days, dear sequin.
All temporary!Sending Good Mojo your way
:roseshwr:

Sleeping Beauty :yes:
Sleep, sleep, sleep. Our body does it's best healing then. :yawn: :sleep:
Sweet dreams!
@sequin98

They glued my wound?!
How common is this, and under what circumstances? :what:

They glued my wound?! How common is this, and under what circumstances?
More and more common these days. My RTHR was glued and it was magic. Not itchy stitches to have taken out. And the scar healing was so much faster.

I had surgical glue and stitches, Sequin. They can use glue when you are really sweet:angel:

So my glue split. Puddles of blood everywhere. :scare::gaah:
Spent 5 hours in ER.
Hemostats, they tell me. They padded it, put a pressure bandage on it. I see the case manager on Tue.
Why do I have this groin pain like he never did anything?? Yeah, he cut me open, but then?

Oh no! I'm so sorry, @sequin98
If you're really concerned I'd call the ER with general questions. I'm sure they'll be able to offer you some reassurance. Take any meds you've been prescribed on schedule, and ice your groin area in an effort to relieve the pain. Unless they told you not to for some reason. They must have discharged you from the ER with some instructions. I hope you sleep well this evening and feel better in the morning.

Oh my stars:sad:
I'm so sorry. Do you think that it was excessive swelling that caused this?
Hemostats, they tell me
??:what:
Maybe they were referring to Hemostasis? Hemostasis is defined as the appropriate physiologic response to vascular injury that provides prompt control of blood loss.
Wondering did they put steristrips on there? You will want to keep it dry so make sure you have a towel or other barrier between the ice and your wound.

Let us know how you are...these hiccups can be scary...
Hugs @sequin98

Yes that was it!
With the added groin pain, this hip is starting to be a nightmare, more than a hiccup.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts