THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

:groan:
I hope you feel better very soon.
Really I do, we're on your side.:roseshwr:

lol...I tried the counselling approach, but now I think I need meds, as it is not going away.

Aww, I'm sorry, sequin.
I hope you feel better soon.
Remember, we're here for you.
Big hugs :console2:
@sequin98

@sequin98 Sorry you are having such a rough time. Nothing wrong with taking meds to help you through. This rehab hip thing.....I'm expecting it to be really tough. I'm sure your other hip is wreaking havoc on the new one. Will be good for you to meet with your OS. Can you push up that date?
Thinking of you:flwrysmile:

Hugs and prayers that tomorrow will be a better day.
:angel:

The amount of stairs I encounter in my job likely did not help.

Crazy.
How on earth could the other hip of the dysplastic pair last 10 years, like my OS predicted.
Time to get reacquainted with tramadol...:kickedout::gaah:

Is it your non-op hip that is giving you so much distress?
I will be glad for October to get here...don't suppose there's anyway to get appointment bumped up?
Thinking of you today !

Sorry, sequin :console2:
You've been having a rough time lately.
Hope you find some relief soon.
Warm wishes for a pain free, quiet week.
@sequin98

It is my other dysplastic , non op hip. I am on the cancellation list, but will still have to wait for the surgery, after I see him.
Relief would be vodka with Nembutal. Seriously. :headbang:

Oh no. That's awful!
Hopefully there's a cancellation so you can move forward without pain soon.
This is putting a damper on fully enjoying the benefits of your THR.
Poor sequin :console2:
@sequin98

You have all my sympathy @sequin98 ...although I know you'd prefer vodka. :). Im going through a similar issue as it seems we all do, those of us whose Unoperated side already had some deterioration at the time of surgery.

After I figured it out, it makes perfect sense and I could understand why it seemed to go so rapidly downhill. That first month the un-operated side is taking over nearly the full load of the body --and that's not just the weight, but add on the pressure of each step, where we are giving the bulk of the weight-bearing burden to that weakened un-op side.. It's more burden than she is set up to handle, already being at some preliminary stage of failure. It's like we give her a year's worth of heavy duty all in the first month of recovery.

All well and good that it makes sense... but what doesn't make sense is why the OS, who has to have seen this in so many cases, didn't forewarn me about that possibility! I would have gotten more serious about scheduling number 2 rather than getting in line for a cancellation and suffering so long. Otherwise the outcome would have been the same I suppose, but emotionally it can do a number on your spirit ...just when you start to see positive signs of recovery on the new hip side... you're overtaken by pain and new limitations from the other side. It really threw me off balance for a few days and I sunk into discouragement. Now that I've got a date (did I mention it's in 16 days?!) I've switched focus from the pain to the solution at hand. More pain perhaps but different and more tolerable pain ...and temporary.

So I hope you can come to grips with it and just baby yourself in the meantime until you can do the deed and get the other side done. I only have 16 days left (not that I'm counting really....) :) and it can't come soon enough. The pain is often unbearable so I can only walk as needed and I know it's going to be very painful when I do. My June was full of promise and healing, July started to get rocky when right hip refused to let me take left hip out for a walk. Then refused louder and meaner. By August I was back on the Walker, on the phone scheduling, and by mid-August ...back in bed with intense pain paying homage to Netflix whom I'm convinced would go out of business were it not for me.

You will find your solution and move forward again. Best of healing luck to you. Ice and pillows and loads of rest are your friend in the meantime.

Thank you for your kind words. All this time, I thought my hip flexor was the problem, never thinking that it was the same pain that I felt with my right side. My OS told me there was good joint space, blah blah.Moderate OA, not as bad as the right side.. I just want my life back. I need to up my pain meds, and get through it.
I am happy for you that you have a date, and a short wait. I know I will have to wait. I just have to mange it

I'm sorry you'll have a wait. You will get through it - just try to do it in the least painful way possible while maintaining overall health. For me, I found a few positions where pain was mostly relieved. Most of them involved legs up on bed or another chair or a stool. Keep experimenting what feels the least painful and stick with that as long as possible. Use pillows anywhere and everywhere. I cried when I heard I had to wait 45 days. Because at that time I was unable to walk again, was in severe pain and it seemed an eternity. Plus I'd have to go back to having my husband do everything for me, I'm not great at asking for help. But it's day by day ...and then one of those days, you wake up ...and it's just around the corner. Find some distractions, there is a solution for you just waiting to be in place.

@sequin98 I am so sorry you are in such pain you poor love. This is some journey eh? I can tell from your posts you are really down and no words of comfort will help you. Take your mind off it for a while. Drug yourself up to the eyeballs and go and do something nice! Hoping you feel better soon x

Laughter is great medicine too and Bevlah just gave me a good laugh.
I hope today is a good one.
Wishing you comfort.
@sequin98

So even though I have 'moderate' OA, and there is good joint space, there is still joint pain. And this whole time I thought it was muscle pain, the hip flexor. Same **** as with the right side. I feel so dumb!! My OS said my left side should last 10 years...hip dysplasia is brutal..

@sequin98 I am so sorry you are going through so much pain at the moment in your un-operated hip. I am praying that your date gets moved up soon. It is hard when the drs. say blah blah blah as we trust their judgement. I kept thinking I should have better advocated for myself, but didn't know what was happening to my body. Remember that hindsight is 20/20 so don't be so hard on yourself! Hopefully you are doing all that you can to get the pain under control this weekend and that nasty hip backs off a bit.
The rain has finally started here in BC and my hips, and now my knees (this is new!), are kicking up a major fuss with the damp weather.
Sending positive thoughts. Wish I could send you a cocktail or two!

I don't guess there was talk of whether an injection would help?
Or more effective pain management ?
I am sorry it is so painful...
Do you put heat on that side?
I will be thinking of you and hoping you get some relief.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom