THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

Good, thanks.

1. March 24-April 10 pain was a 7
3 April -10 May it was 4
Okay
2.Tramadol with Tylenol was taken
Hydromorphone was given in the hospital.
pain meds were taken as needed beyond May 4
100mg Tramadol with 1,000 mg Tylenol
That's very good. Couldn't take a better pain med!
3. Icing was done daily
4X a day from surgery until the first week of May.
Icing began on the left side in May, prior to bed.
4. Elevating my op side was done 20min 4 x daily March 24-May 1
I'm assuming the icing was also 20 mins at a time. But you accomplish little or nothing in 20 minutes. Ice and elevate for at least 40-60mins and more than 4 times a day.
5. I complete all the cleaning, clean litter boxes,cooking for 1
I order my groceries on line, then picked them up.
Okay
squats 15 reps, 3 sets
bridges 15 reps, 3 sets
side lying hip abduction 15 reps, 3 sets
hip flexor raises 15 reps, 3 sets
Walking 30 min/day
cycling 20min/every other day
PT has been doing stretches, balance, squats with band and ball.
Pt once weekly ay 4-May 33. once every 2 weeks since.
Squats with ball 15 reps, 1 set.
Using bike for 10 min.
Do remember this - hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

This will be the cause of your continuing pain.

@sequin98
I don't think you ladies will be disappointed and believe you'll progress as you should.
Sequin, I'll be anxious to hear how you're feeling in a couple weeks. Hopefully better. Please let us know.
@momof9 I hope you're doing well.
Wishing you both a great week!

I will keep you posted. I will continue to stretch, and walk.
Something's got to give.

:hi: Hope you are going to get some relief very soon.

I didn't know you also suffered with MS? Is it hard to distinguish what symptoms are hip surgery related and what is related to your MS?
I imagine you are one tough lady but you certainly deserve a break.
Glad you are a fighter, sequin.
Sending good mojo your way:friends:

Because I have had MS for a while, I know what MS feels like. The heat intolerance- MS. But I was luck to be committed not to use the drugs, and look to natural ways to keep symptoms away.The most annoying thing is my GP. She likes to blame everything on MS. When I went to her for hip pain in Feb 2015, she told me it was MS muscle weakness. I had to keep on her, for she was too lazy to look at what else it could be. Hence, I waited.
Thank you for asking.

:console2:

I'm glad you advocate for yourself...we know our bodies better than anyone, right?
Also want to thank you for taking the time to encourage and cheer for others as they endure their recovery struggles. Wish things were going a little easier for you right now.
Keep the faith, Sequin!:flwrysmile:

:hi:Hope you are feeling a little better @sequin98 !
I've had a small series of mishaps and overdid it...still possible after 14 months out:umm:so I'm icing and elevating tonight myself. Aaargh!

Hope you have a peaceful night!

Every day is different. My anxiety takes over when I walk sometimes, as I am afraid of curbs sometimes. (crazy, and some days I can't find decent shoes to walk in...
It does get better every day, I know this. I got this.
Thank you for checking in, and keep the ice, and don't overdo it!!:ice:

Darn! I sprained my left shoulder last week. I slipped (smooth soles, smooth floor, clumsy) and my left shoulder took the hit. My pt still maintains that my muscles are strong, and yet, I seem to have gone back to my scared way of walking. I will go to the 2nd of 3 sessions with a hypnotherapist. I know something is holding me back....:groan::censored::kickedout:

Oh my stars...:oyvey:
Falling down is not allowed, you know that.
That being said, I feel last week...almost did a split because wet foot hit plastic talked on vinyl camper floor:shrug: and I banged my knee pretty good.
Overextended a muscle but hips were good. Thank heavens.
We need you to walk without being afraid seriously.
How have you been doing ?
Hope today is as good day:SUNsmile:

Oh Sequin,
I'm sorry. That must have been scary!
I would imagine if there's time enough to think while falling, the thought process is - 0h, no, my hip, my hip....
Thankfully it wasn't your hip. I hope your shoulder discomfort eases soon.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@sequin98

We are having a heat wave- I might have enjoyed it 20 years ago, but now...thanks for the kind words ladies!
Mojo, I think you and I were stunt doubles in a previous life....

I know what that is like!
I have this strange habit, where I feel like I have to stop every 20 steps, like I am in pain, but Im not...ugh

:wave:@sequin98
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Good for no pain.
Hope you get your confidence going...
Have a great weekend!:SUNsmile:

I am beyond frustrated.
5 months, no pain, but my walk is not normal yet. PT says my walk is looking better, but it is not strut worthy.
I swear, I have one of the longest recoveries in history.
I want to get my left hip done before it has a chance to get to the state my right hip was. I see the OS in October. My left hip has moments of pain, and I can't get used to the clicking it makes. And my back is starting to ache. Yeah, I am a mess. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back