THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

sequin98

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
Well I am in recovery. literally....they have no regular beds...so I have been here since my surgery. Dr said NO to the bone. He said it is contaminated. No blood thinner needles..a pill...victory.

General was great. I could not pee...so the first time was a catheter. I have gone to the bathroom since. Physio tomorrow! And they won't count today as day 1...so 2 more days.....

Glad your surgery is over. Hope you get into a regular ward soon. Wishing you well with your continued recovery.

It’s a big relief to be done isn’t it? Glad to hear all went well!

Welcome to the other side! I'll post your articles here so that you can refer to them if needed. Please keep all your updates and questions on this thread so that we have your history in one place if we need to advise you.
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Yuck! Hope that calms down soon! Hope you're getting plenty of ice and good meds. :flwrysmile:

This can be a symptom of being under medicated. Is your pain well managed now?

Glad surgery finished. Sorry to hear you got stuck in the recovery room.

Hope the legs settle down.

Hi there,
Congrats on the new hip!
Hope things have improved since you last posted.
Wishing you a peaceful night as you begin recovery.
@sequin98

I just just got a room. RLS has calmed down,but not gone.

I'm pretty sure we all had RLS after THR even if we didn't before.
They just won't be still:groan:

Glad you are all done! Get this recovery on the road...
Yay for hip pain free life.:ok:
Healing hugs @sequin98 :friends:

Congratulations, @sequin98! Should be downhill from here. Best wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery!!

Deb

RTHR 8 March 2018, posteriolateral
LTHR 18 March 2015, lateral robotic makoplasty

Congratulations @sequin98 hope all is going well. It will get better after a few days. Get as much rest as you can.

I am still in the hospital. I still have this RLS but now that I am in a real room I still have stairs to do...I still want out. I have been sleeping lots. They took the dressing off. OS says it looks good, and the xrays show my left may last 10 years. While I love the optomism, I have my doubts...The sit to stand pain is gone..wow.

my OS said that he wanted to use super path, and a small incision but could'nt because "your anatomy is too screwed up" ohkay...

Sleeping lots is good. I’m sorry you’re having this restless leg thing. Hoping each day gets better and better for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom