The popliteus muscle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladyblue, say something. Tell them, ask (tell them you want) to see just one person. You may have to take appointments according to thats person's schedule, but...
Each center has a director and you are paying to be there. Certainly there will be some pain in PT but hurting to the point of quitting is not right.

I agree with this - where is the continuity of care! It's not like these guys are just fitness instructors at a local gym, they are supposed to be part of the CARING profession, for goodness' sake! You should complain, and loudly.

ladyBlue

The others are right, speak up as you know your body better than anyone. Many years ago after my 1st knee surgery the PT (who later I found out to be a PT assistant) also kept pushing it even though I said something is wrong. Her response is that is just sore from being in the cast for 8 weeks. I told her I played sports for many years and knew the difference between a sore muscle from lack of use and something else. I was young and just put up with it. Afte 2 1/2 weeks my knee was about 3x the size when we started and it should have been getting smaller so they sent be back to the OS. He wasn't sure what the problem was but it was not normal. He started out to do a scope and end up doing major surgery. The IT band got caught under the tendon in the first surgery so there was no way the knee would extend. I was lucky as the guy in the cast room told me not to use the doctor's office PTs and go to a private practice one and he gave me a name (all of this of course violates has job but he went with what is ethically correct). That change was the best thing I ever did.

As everyone has mentioned there is pain with recovery but it is clear something is not going correct.

Good luck with your appointment and change PT's in the mean time.

Simon

Yes! .....................

Josephine, I was going to ask how you got around the 15 character rule, but by quoting your post I see how. You did dots in white so the look invisible. Very sneaky!!! Hope you are having a good weekend. :->

Josephine, I was going to ask how you got around the 15 character rule, but by quoting your post I see how. You did dots in white so the look invisible. Very sneaky!!! Hope you are having a good weekend. :->

hee hee! you found out!

Yes, I'm having a great weekend, thank you. Hope you are too.

Met with the original PT and he worked very gently with me. I told him that I fell down the steps to my basement last week because of my "other bad knee" (it buckled as I was walking down the stairs). He said that my ROM while bending is 125 degrees but he didn't measure it when it was flat. According to him ..it looks better--but to me I don't feel any difference because I still have stiffness and pain! My PCP said that he wants to do an MRI on my back because of the problems I have with it--AND---I found out that I have osteoporosis. Gee>>osteoarthritis...osteofibrosis....and now osteoporosis!! UGHHH!!

Ladyblue, Do you take calcium and vitamin supplements? Or had a bone density test? Have one of the docs check your Vitamin D levels. Mine were quite low. Supposed to be a number around 35. I came in at 8. After taking a prescription mega dose of vitamin d for 8 weeks, I'm still onlly at 28. So now I have to take extra supplements and be checked a 3rd time in 4 months. The way I see it, just another thing to contribute to bad bones wherever they are in my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom