The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Gordon from Montana here......BTKR scheduled for Jan 6th. Very aprehensive about the whole thing. I'll try to keep everyonre updated.

Hi, Gordon....welcome!!! How about starting a thread of your own and telling us a bit more about yourself. We'd love to get to know you better as you wait for your surgery.

You may also want to join the thread for the January Jackpots. We form monthly teams of folks going through surgery at the same time so they can support each other. Here is a link to that thread. You'll be one of the first members, but others will join soon!!!

I think this is the place to post surgery dates?? I was scheduled for single TKR on 11/15, got sick and had to re-schedule. My new date is 12/20/11. Accepting all prayers, light, love and healing thoughts. Thanks. Debbie

Left TKR scheduled for Febraury 28, 2012 - 7:30 AM

My doctor (a friend) recommended to be the first in the operating room for the day- less germs & bacteria due to increased traffic in the OR during the work day... Definitely Apprehensive!!

Hi, Wireless....welcome to BoneSmart. Why don't you start a thread of your own and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members!

I'm not sure I agree with your friend's assessment....even if he IS a doctor. I would most certainly like to think that the hospital I was going to practiced the same cleanliness protocols between surgeries as they did at the end of the day. Is this the doctor who will be doing your surgery???

Hi, Wireless....welcome to BoneSmart. Why don't you start a thread of your own and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members!

I'm not sure I agree with your friend's assessment....even if he IS a doctor. I would most certainly like to think that the hospital I was going to practiced the same cleanliness protocols between surgeries as they did at the end of the day. Is this the doctor who will be doing your surgery???

Yes- He had his own right knee done 3 yrs. ago & had no complications. He stated that the night crew does a very thorough job of cleansing & the HVAC system has had a chance completely clean the air & environment. As soon as it gets busy in the OR there is a better chance of bacteria to get in - every time the door opens & closes....

FYI- I have another friend who is a well known oncology surgeon in Phoenix & he confirmed what my knee doc stated, saying that most docs would prefer to have their own surgery very early in the day.

Interesting....thanks for providing that extra information. I always ask to be the first surgery or the second....but for different reasons. I wanted the surgeon to be fresh and well-rested. 'Course....I suppose he could have partied all night and that philosophy goes out the door ... :hysterical:

Hi my name is dawni and I am new to this sight I live in the united kingdom England, I am to have my total knee replacement on 28th January 2012 I am 49 years old, and hope to get support and help from hear
Thanks
Dawni

Hi, Dawni....welcome to BoneSmart! Congratulations on your surgery date. Why don't you start a thread of your own in the knee pre-op forum and tell us a bit about yourself. We'd love to get to know you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom