The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

My operation was to be in February now postponed to June 4th, 2009

Hello everyone. Just found your posting board. I am scheduled for left knee replacement on the 18th of Feb '09 and the Right one in March. Due to trauma, not Arthritis. I'm 38 with 3 kids to chase so I'm a bit nervous about the recovery time/process. Nice to have a place to compare notes :)

Thanks Jamie! Unfortunately not my first surgery but rather number 14 since May of '04 (hit by drunk driver). Pretty much already had everything else re-built (hip, ankles, femur, etc.) but I HATE the knee surgeries. They always make me nervous. Wish I would have found you guys years ago!

R-TKR Jan 14,2009
L-TKR March 6, 2009
^i^

I had my right knee replaced in Nov 2007. I just had my left one done Jan 20th 2009. 16days post-op and today I took my first outing! (I had my cane, but I left it in the car!) I am very happy with my progress...I feel like I am finally getting back my life! You will too...Good Luck Y'all!

The date's been chosen--May 18th for BTKR. Blessings to all who are with me in the waiting room.

RTKR 17th March 09

I know I haven't posted in a while...things have been a little crazy! After the LTKR last June, I am now gearing up for the RTKR on Feb 25, just 3 days away!!! Oh, ignorance was so bliss!!!!
Hess

Well I have been 'counting the sleeps' and it was only one sleep until my scheduled RTKR tomorrow at 8.30am and then GUESS WHAT at 3.00pm today I received a message from the hospital to contact them urgently and yes you have guessed it ITS CANCELLED. The reason????? my 'new knee' has not arrived. Everyone elses has but not mine. I must admit I laughed in disbeleif my operation initially thought to be in January has now been changed 3 times and now cancelled. They hope to get it in by next week but will have to put back someone else to fit me in. I am very dissapointed as today I kept looking at the clock thinking " this time tomorrow I will be on the operating table - this time tomorroe it will all be over etc etc. You do have to pshyc yourself up for these things don't you.
Well I will post my new date when I get the call - Until then Good luck to everyone undergoing their operations.

They have just telephoned to tell me I am scheduled in for next Friday - Friday 13th - oh no something else is bound to go wrong!! I just assumed they had a box of different implants out the back somewhere but apparently not.
Jo - It's Darent Valley hospital, well at least I have now got a date so roll on next week!!!!

My second TKA is scheduled for April 10, 2009 with Dr. Coon in St. Helena, CA. My first TKA was also done by him last October 10.

Dr. Coon does "Quad Sparing" MIS total knees, less than 24 hours in hospital then go home walking.

I hope this surgery is less painful, but I hear it's from bone ache from cutting the bones so hard to avoid. And I hope I can elevate and do my icing with the ice machine they give me without straining my back as I did last time.

Hollie

Well good friends, I've taken the plunge and scheduled my RTKR for July 13, 2009. That will put the two of them a year apart. I wanted to get the spring gardening work done before the surgery with the chance I might be mobile enough to do a little bit come fall. I'm not too nervous at this point, but time will change all that. At least I'm clearer on what I need to insist on being in place this time around, whether I need it or not! I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones that has a much easier time the second time around. I do know it will be better than it is now!

March 31st 10am, wish it was already Aug. and it was that far over with,lol.
I had my right one done in 2,000 and I remember saying if I ever had to have the left one done I would have it cut off first. Well guess I'll suffer thru the surgery rather then the amputation.
MedHawk

I am in La Porte, Indiana (USA) and on April 20, 2009 I am having BOTH knees totally replaced at 12:30 PM.

Greetings,

Having my 2nd TKR on my left knee on May 14, 2009.
At least this time I will be able to recuperate outside on my porch since the weather will be warmer that time of year.
Good luck to all who are also scheduled for surgery.

Best,
Kathy

I had my first left TKR on Oct. 28th 2008, and have just had notification that I'm to have the right knee TKR on April 28th. Last time I had three days notice due to a cancellation. Three weeks seems an awfully long time to be thinking about it - maybe there'll be another cancellation.
At least I now know what to expect!

It is finally getting close fo me.

LTKR - April 21, 2009
RTKR - May 19, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88