The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Operating List - post your date here so we can keep tabs on you!

My surgery date is Sept. 29th. It's a long way off, so I'm on the waiting list for an earlier date.... waiting and hoping.

I hate to wait for anything! I want it NOW! Mine is the 4th of Sept.
Just another impatient patient, that's me.
Good Luck Sandy!!
Gloucesterman

Yes, mine is Tuesday and quite honestly I'm terrified. And I really don't even know why. I'm not afraid of dying or anything like that. Scared I'll be a chicken about pain and whatever. My sister-in-law had a replacement about 12 days ago and is already driving and getting around great. That should encourage me but it just makes me more scared that I won't do as well. I think some of my fear is because they don't know whether they will be doing a PKR or a TKR and I won't know which until I wake up. I'm looking forward to being more active, losing weight and everything for the next year while I recover, but I'm still scared.

To Roo & schoust. I'm nervous too. Mine is scheduled for 1:00 PM today EDT (Aug 11). I can feel my pulse rate increasing. All the best to everyone having the surgery during the next few days.

My posting name is NLVCa which is a combination of my initials and the second letter of my last name. Most people call me Vern and I'm a different person than Verno who has had a remarkable recovery.

Vern

My RTKR is on 8/22, and I'm with Roo. I'm terrified. Tomorrow is the day I stop taking aspirin, etc. It's like I'm on a freight train that is out of control...

That said, I just REALLY want my life back so I need to get this surgery OVER with!

September the 10th 2008 so seem to be bucking the trend...
On the old left peg,hopefully its a half a knee replacement but have been warned today at hydro they may opt for a full one
Either way just want it done and dusted now
NiN

Had my final pre-surgical visit with my OS today. He did my left knee in January. I am scheduled for 8/26 and the way this knee has deteriorated since the first TKR, I can not wait for the surgery. I know what the first 30 days are like, but after 7 months, it has turned out to be a great investment in mobility.

Evening all
I go for my pre-op assesment on the 28/08 feelngs of getting a wee bit nervous as the days aproaches of the op are creeping in,but as the knee has decided in the last two weeks it really has had enough of me asking the impossible,I will be so glad to get it done.
I wonder from those who have had it done what help they needed when they returned home and on what scale,I am due to stay in hospitla for five days [could be three if all goes well.] but I do have very low blood pressure at the best of times and this has proved a problem with anesthetics in the past as it drops off the scale.
What were the difficultys you found when you returned home? my children are all grown up and offering help from all angles...but the Irish blood makes me a bad patient at the best of times...;]...
Any hints and tips would be gratefully received
Nin.

Hi All,

I would like to introduce myself. I am a 63 yr male who will be having
BTKR staring Monday the 25th of August. My OS will replace my right knee
at 0730. Then we go back to surgery Thursday @ 1400 and replace the left one.
I have been reading this board since the first of June, when I was trying to make
up my mind to do this. I must say, some of you have me regretting my decision
to do this and some of you have given me the needed courage to get it done. I'll
try and let you know if it was the right one are not, please wish me luck.

Thanks,
Rick

PS: Josephine, you are a very knowledgeable nurse, I just wish you were in the US
and assisting my OS next week I just know that you two ladies would make a great
team.

Evening everybody.
Had my pre op session on Thursday,and have been warned?although it is quite likely?I will be having a half knee replacment done,which is the operation I opted for,as being young[in the eyes of my o/s] and due to my active lifestyle it will need replacing probably within the ten years life span,and then they will opt for a full replacement....but this is being done to sort the Necrosis which has been eating away at the knee on the outside.but it now appears the arthritus on the other side has been playing ctach up with the Necrosis and it may well have to be a full replacemnt,that was not so god news for my ears.
But Josephine I took in the blurb about the Icing machine,and the Hospital are going to get a couple in for the ward to trial.and to see how effective they are at reducing swelling....goOd to know the O/s is always happy to listen....and act...and they should be in place for my op...so good news abounds well apart from the half or full issue,but that is now out of my hands..and down to my knee...
As my Grandson is always saying"counting the sleeps now to the big day"
Nin

Best of luck to you whichever procedure they end up doing. The hemi-knee replacement is a good deal if you qualify for it (I did) but if your knee is in too bad shape and/or won't hold out for another 10-15 years before having a full replacement you have to go with what is best and trust your OS to make that decision when he gets in there (That is what I had to do too.)

Either way your knee is going to be better than it is now! And you will know it right away! It is amazing! (well.... it is MORE amazing after you get past the surgical healing.... but you get the idea!)

Just heard that the revision of my revision is going to be on 17 November - a week after my son's wedding. Don't think I'll be doing much boogy-ing at the reception! Lin

Well I am less than 24 hrs to surgery and I can't wait. Warm up those Makita's and Dewalts!! I have this picture of my doc with a carpenter's apron, a hammer, some drywall screws and maybe a little spackle for those extra holes that may need patching and I'll be as good as new!!!
Got to LOVE those revision surgeries!!!
See You On The Other Side!!!
Gloucesterman

My date is finally set and is going to be on Wednesday the 17th of September.

Hi all. I had trk on 7/21/08 and have yet to experience a full nights sleep. Any advice?

I am grateful for the replacement...have been bone-on-bone since I was 15 (almost 45 years ago) but this pain that awakens me is frustrating.

Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

my husband's (rh) surgery is 9/15. i hope the OS isn't a werewolf--it's a full moon!

Getting my second TKR October 15, almost 6 months after the first--the left one this time!

Conformis Iduo partial knee replacement (patella femoral and lateral) October 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562