The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

graduate
Country
United States United States
Alot of us are having surgery in June, July, August so I though it would be easier to keep track of people before they jump to the other side if we list our surgery dates in one place.

Simon

BTKR June 3

Re: Post Your Surgery Date

Hi Simon,
Great idea! I am having BTKR on June 18th.
Best,
Crystal

June does seem to be a popular month.

RTKR Oct 1, 2007
LTKR June 9, 2008

Karen

I too am June 9 for LTKR!! I am counting the minutes!!!

Hess

Hi,
I'm on for June 12. My stress level is way up there, but I'm glad I'm doing it.
Dee Ann

I'm scheduled for June 16 for BTKR. Looks like it's going to be a grand summer for lots of us. Now if I can just get through the mother/son dance at my son's wedding this weekend! Oh, it hurts just thinking about it!

June 20th is when I will join the new knee club. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I am so looking forward to having my life back.

Re: The Operating List - post your date here so we can keep tabs on you!

BTKR on June 13th. Gosh, can't believe it is three weeks tomorrow since I had the surgery. Amazing what three weeks can bring. Haven't had to use the walker in a week, although it makes a lovely quilt stand and haven't had to use my cane around the house for three or four days, and I am not hanging on to anything to walk. I had to laugh while I was cleaning up after supper tonight. My husband asked if I could just give him a small grimace while I was cleaning up the kitchen. I think it was the first time I had realized how much better I really am and how quickly I got better. I still have a long ways to go but I know now I will get there. Rowdy

The best of luck to all of you folks! I had my bilateral TKR way back on November 8th--coming up on six months now---at times still a little bit stiff at times but cycling to school and umping HS baseball games. Life si now so much better, and I am sure that it will be for you, too. Remember, the surgery is the "easy part"; the rest is up to you.. How badly do you foks want to reclaim your life? How badly do you want to defeat arthritis? PT is you friend, but the friend will require hard work---but the friend (PT) will help you reclaim what you lost.

Tim C.

I had a right TKR on February 29th. At 13 weeks out I'm doing pretty well - can do pretty much anything I want to. Every now and then I overdo it and my knees (sometimes BOTH of them) let me know it. So I guess I still have some swelling and muscle strength to gain in the new knee leg. But, I am VERY happy that I chose to have the surgery when I did....before I limped around too long and hurt something else.

July 14th - I think - if I don't chicken out - ughhhhhhh

You won't chicken out and you'll be fine! I was pretty weirded out the last few days before my LTKR, and the morning of it I was a bit panicked...but it was all fine. And you will be too! Waiting is the hardest part.

Weezy
LTKR 4/30/08

Weezy - Thanks for the support - 7/14 is is for sure. Everything is falling in to place. I can't chicken out - I have got to get this fixed! I wish it was tomorrow ad then itwould be over with. Good things is I have a week with my husband home, a week in NY for a wedding, a week back home here and then a week on a cruise ship in southern AK with my family - and then family leaves here, pre-op and then then day! I hope it goes fast!
Much appreciation!
Marianne

OK, it did not say post your knee date.
I am having my right hip replaced tomorrow June 6th. Weird to see that in print.
Judy in Ca.

Mine is August 12 - plenty of time to become even more scared than I am! Might be just a partial - surgeon says he has to have both ready just in case.

Another newbie, but have been lurking here for some time. My LTKR is scheduled for Aug 11. I've been exercising the knee, (had the PT at our local "Y" recommend a whole series of exercises for the upper & lower body). I have read the "book" several times, have a platform built for my recliner and have been practicing going up & down stairs on crutches.

My OS say he uses a Stryker Scorpio NKG (I think those are the letters) replacement joint.

TRHR on July 03. I started trying to get scheduled the middle of April, 08. I've known that I've needed THR since last September but had to juggle trips, 2nd opinions, scheduling & a change of cities & doctors to end up in Memphis, TN. The ortho nurse said that I am a good candidate & shouldn't have much post OP trouble; Maybe I should cross my legs for good luck????? NOT--- -LOL. Hope the THR improves my golf game from pathetic to miserably bad.
I am starting to get a little edgy about this, I've only had one other operation- a caterac removed last year & all went well. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties