THR The Left Hip's Turn

LeftKath

Country
United States United States
Hi All,
I'm scheduled for a hip replacement (Anterior approach) on the left side May 26th. I had my right hip replaced in September of 2022. Things went reasonably well with the right hip and I am looking forward to bringing the left hip into a pain-free mode. Same surgeon and same approach but as my surgeon noted at my pre-op appointment last week, "Hips are like children, don't expect your recovery to be exactly the same as the first."

I discovered BoneSmart a couple of months into my recovery last fall and found it helpful

Take Care

Welcome to BoneSmart! Thanks for joining us.

You're close with only a little over a week to go. I will leave you an edited version of our pre-op information since you're beyond much of it at this point with surgery only days away. I hope you'll share your recovery journey with us also once you're feeling up to it. Wishing you all the best and lots of comfort as you wait out these last few days before surgery. :)

HIP PRE-OP ARTICLES
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
stories of amazing hip recoveries

Hi there @LeftKath and welcome to the double hip club. I can attest that the recoveries were different for me. Not dramatically, but enough to annoy me at times even though by anyone's standards, both have been resounding successes. Good luck!

Best Wishes tomorrow!
Hope to see you on the bright side with an update once you’re feeling up to it.
We’ll be watching for you. :)
@LeftKath

All the best today as you join the double hippy club:dancy:

Bye bye hip pain:yes!:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties