The Last October Feisty is getting nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseyLady

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
Yes, I am the last one - Monday 31st :yikes: and getting nervous! Thanks to Miss Muffet's list, I am very organised with the contents of my bag. I have been doing lots of reading, which is great, but I came across something about hips and knees and that it is better to have the hip replacement first then the knee replacement.
I have a left knee replacement already and am about to have a left hip so of course, it doesn't take much to set me off panicking :bawl:
Is there anyone who had their knee replacement before their hip? Does the knee suffer in any way when the hip is done? Mine is already unstable and gives me pain and I am wondering if that will hurt more too?
Thanks for your help - and any last minute tips!

Alison x

Nervous is normal, I think!

I can't speak about knee replacements personally but lots of people here seem to have both in various orders and combinations. I would have thought a working hip would make your knee better, original or replaced!

Best wishes for Monday!

Hello again @HorseyLady - Alison I agree with @Zelda, as, although I've not got new knees, any new functioning spare parts has to be a good thing. Personally I get all sorts of referred pain in my legs/back/knees, even ankles because my gait is altered due to my wonky hips. As you recover and gradually regain better posture I would have thought your knee will show its gratitude by giving you less trouble.

Oh and why not set up your postOp thread today in readiness for when you want to start posting later on? :type:

Try to put those nerves to one side. You've got your ducks in a row and done all your reading :reading: so you are best prepared and now you just need to kick back and let the Pros work their magic. :chillpill:
We'll all be watching out for you but post when you're ready - and ask whoever picks you up from hospital to bring a plastic bag or bin liner to place on the car seat. Best advice I was given - makes sliding in and round to face the front so much easier! Good luck. All will be well. :friends:

Good idea, thank you @Miss Muffet ! I will do my post op thread right now. Thanks for the tip with the plastic bag, and I've told my knee to stop whinging and be grateful :loll:

@HorseyLady I had my knees done before hip. It's a bit of a challenge getting both stable. I live in the US so had physio to get it sorted out.
Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties