THR The fun part

What a wonderful read! Great to read you are doing so great @Bone-obo! I also ride a trike (ICE) and have a 3 wk old hip, very encouraging! Thanks for sharing your experience!

:wave:
Happy belated Hipversary!

I'm guessing you will play the perfect murderee...
How many times will you die?:heehee:
I don't run for sport...but I have broken into a sprint several times since my BTHR, out of necessity - to catch someone leaving in their vehicle to return their ID and to get away from a mad snake...
and each time, I was amazed. :dubious:

I also ride a trike (ICE) and have a 3 wk old hip, very encouraging!
You have great taste in trikes - you can't go wrong with ICE. (I ride one myself!) And in Kansas you must have miles and miles of flat, beautiful roads to bomb around on - I'm slightly envious. Keep me posted when you go for your first ride, even if it's just a few feet!

How many times will you die?:heehee:
If I get the part, 8 times. I'll fall from a church steeple, get shot in the head, drown (twice), have a heart attack, drink poison, get stung to death by honeybees, and be decapitated by weightlifting equipment. While singing. Auditions are all next week, and I should know yea or nay by the last week in June - wish me luck!

And I know what you mean about running - it still feels a little weird in the clanky blue bits, but it's getting more natural all the time. Very cool!

In other news, my old friend Flexibility is finally starting to make an appearance. Things that were difficult are getting trivial, while things that were impossible are becoming merely difficult. Still quite a ways to go, but getting there....

And one last thing: I've suggested Bonesmart for friends about to go thru THR/TKR a few times the last year and each time they've nodded politely and done nothing to follow up. What the heck?!? I'd think anybody would want to get their hands on anything they could find to get an idea of what to expect in recovery. Baffled, I am.

@Bone-obo Will let you know! Yes, lots of good areas to ride! I am off work this afternoon and am going to install a set of helping handles, it’s a long ways down there without them! And back up! Tail winds!

Thanks for the comedic relief :heehee: We Miss You!
Glad to read you're doing so well. Best of luck you get the part. Let us know when you hear.
A lovely weekend to you!
@Bone-obo

I'll fall from a church steeple, get shot in the head, drown (twice), have a heart attack, drink poison, get stung to death by honeybees, and be decapitated by weightlifting equipment.
I'm pretty sure all that is against BS rules!:no-fin:
But if you've got nine lives...that leaves you one...so you're good!:tada:
I was going to say...break a leg, but That Is Definitely a:bignono:

Well, 8 times is just one performance. How many times do you get to do that? So much death could be exhausting!

Counting dress rehearsals, maybe ... 25 x 8, so maybe 200 deaths, plus another 300 or so in rehearsal, so fully half-way to a coward's death. But to paraphrase the old saw, dying is easy; costume changes are hard.

And you will be there for it all.

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. Woody Allen

Actually sounds fun!

Hi my double hippy friend :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

Happy (belated) One Year for Lefty!
Love to hear how you are doing and want to wish you a:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Hi @Bone-obo
A Happy One Year Anniversary to Lefty. Assuming you're doing well and have returned to a full active life. I hope you have a great holiday season and a New Year filled with joy, peace, love and good health.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

@Mojo333 and @Layla: thanks for thinking of me! Yup, my little blue Pottery Barn implants are silently purring along just fine. Flexibility is still increasing, albeit slowly - I've hit all the benchmarks I'd laid out as "super powers" earlier in the blog, and occasionally better them by a degree or two, although if this is all I get, I'm way cool with that. I also cycled from my home in Raleigh to the beach over three days this fall - 210 miles, with nary a twinge or a ping to harsh my mellow.

I think of you guys from time to time and how massively you (the collective "you", consisting of everybody who every posted their experiences) helped my recovery. Crimeny! How does anyone do THR without you?!?

So happy to hear you are back on the road and headed the right way (the beach!)
I hope your holidays are happy and bright. :ok:

Glad things are going so well for you! You were always so supportive of everyone on here (and good for an occasional laugh). What's the flavor of the day at the local frozen treat emporium?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back