THR The fun part

@eve2: Thanks - good to hear you're cranking back up to speed again! I was kinda worried about you there for a while, and I'm sure you were, too! Taking any pictures?

@Mojo333: sorry I'm late in responding!! It's been very peaceful here at Lake Hipbegone. I helped a friend finishing moving two cars worth of books this week on Wednesday, and whereas the first time didn't faze me, this time it fazed me pretty good! Books are heavy, and they had to go down an endless flight of stairs, which was like an Escher drawing - it just kept going and going and going.... By Thursday, my sisyphaen task landed me just inside the door of the ODIC, glad-handing the new members and chatting with the regulars (that you, @SaraK?). But it was just a drive-by visit. Come Thursday evening I was at the gym trying to build up my book moving muscles.

This week we're anticipating a visit from Cousin Florence, a real blow hard. Wheeeeeee!

You be nice to Flo, lol.
Hope you have a good week. Glad you only did a ODIC drive by.
You need to be well for Flo's visit.....so you can escape when you need to.
@Bone-obo

Yep...Florence looks like she might be a super big blow hard!
I am close to Savannah and my Mother is in Beaufort so we have all been keeping an eye out...she was displaced due to last year's hurricane storm surge.
NC definitely is getting the model's highest probability so do be prepared. Too hot still to be without electric!:nah:
Take care and have a good day.

I was kinda worried about you there for a while

:roseshwr:

AWWWW thank you!
I was worried too and I am still worried that I will always have this minimal level of pain. I def feel a bit better and I think that I spend less thinking about Peter (the hip) Titus.
But yeah, I guess it's better.
I am indeed taking pics and I feel good :)

Yes, I am a regular in ODIC - someone has to be there to greet new members! Lately, I haven't done too much to get me into trouble (or anything gets me into trouble) - trying to get this psoas to calm down, but nothing seems to be working. Even walking a mile from the parking garage to the stadium for the football game Saturday made it hard to climb the steps to the seats (yes, as I typed that, I thought back to when walking a mile was an impossibility). When we got back to the parking garage, I very seriously considered making my son go get the car to pick me up!

Not hip related, but I did make the mistake of noting to my trainer on Saturday that I hadn't been sore after the last 2 sessions. I'm allowed to do seated leg press as long as I don't take it lower than 90 degrees. She decided to test me on how much weight I could do easily. I've done 90 lbs once before but we started at that and went up to 120 lbs Saturday. Then we did the glute press (but at only 20 lbs). Followed by some squats. It all felt OK at the time, but my buns were sore yesterday - luckily better today. Does that qualify as ODIC since it wasn't hip related? Come by and see us some time - you're enough of a regular that we'll allow you into the meeting even if you don't qualify at the time!

Send Flo back to Progressive! Seriously, take care with the storm and don't try to be Superman!

Too hot still to be without electric!
No lie! The worst thing I remember about Fran (the 1998 hurricane) wasn't the wind or the trees falling, but the 10 days we spent steaming away sans A/C!

I was worried too and I am still worried that I will always have this minimal level of pain.
Sometimes I'll out-walk, out-ride, or out-stand my current level of endurance and get some negative feedback from the New Good Leg as a result, and I'll wonder if this is the new normal. I think we're still considered recovering for at least 3 more months, though, and the Wise Ones here still talk about gains as much as a year out. So I think we've got reason for optimism! And I'm sorry you have any pain - boo!

Does that qualify as ODIC since it wasn't hip related?
Nope - no cocktail time for you! DOMS is its own thing, and unless you're flat-out immobilized, a sign you're becoming mighty!

Seriously, take care with the storm and don't try to be Superman!
We're fleeing to the mountains like good little non-supers. Not as far west as @Thesoutherncook, but in the right direction - awaaaaaay from the storm, where we hope to keep our power and our internet so we can check the Duke Power Outage site frequently to see if and when our house loses power. Good times!

Stay safe and travel safely @Bone-obo
Concerned for all our friends in the Carolina's and Virginia who are in Florence's path.
Prayers for everyone's safety.

Glad you're fleeing to safety. I know I was considering Riding the Storm Out (is this or Blowing in the Wind the song for the week), but that was a little piddly sub-tropical storm and we probably wouldn't have been flooded in any event. Flo is to be respected! Any overused or angry muscles caused by evacuation do NOT count for ODIC so no slacking off and making your wife take care of everything. That would only be permitted in the very early days of recovery. Once you ditch the walker, that excuse doesn't hold water!

Take care and let us know how youre doing. We'll be hoping for no damage or loss of power and that you're comfortable back at home soon.

Echoing @SaraK, @Bone-obo ...please do keep us apprised on your status and safety ...and know that you have a gaggle of iced-up, leg-elevated, and hobbling hippies on meds out here ....all rooting for your safety!! We are a powerful lot! Quite a year you've had already.... going from total hip to total hurricane.
GOOD LUCK to you and Mrs Obo!!

Watching the hurricane progress via stormcarib.com and it is certainly huge! Glad you are evacuating, this one looks serious. Best of luck with your continiung recovery and stay safe x

Yes...be careful and glad you aren't riding it or there.
Fingers crossed it doesn't sit there as long as they suspect...

Try to still respect the tenets of early recovery...and yes, things will keep getting better and better.
End of month four was a big turnaround for me but it was right or nine months after my surgery before I felt like I had my stamina back without repercussions...
Though still possible to get some feedback with activities that are new post-op.
I balanced on the side of a trailer for thirty minutes unloading and my quads were super sore.

Take care friend!

Hope you're safe too @Thesoutherncook
Watching this unfold is scary. We're worried about our peeps on the coast.
Hoping both you and @Bone-obo stay safe and have a peaceful day.

Sneaky Flo feinted north, and now it looks like she's gonna duck into SC instead, probably to get her breezy little mitts on some of those delicious pralines, although in her case the detour is apt to make her thinner. (Would that pralines had that effect of the rest of us.) So NOW the plan is to ride this out at home in Raleigh, and hope none of the trees surrounding our house decides to go walkabout. (A power outage is almost guaranteed, though. Ugh.) In the mean time, best wishes to @Thesoutherncook, thru whose doorway the bedraggled, praline-sated remains of Flo are due to shamble sometime early next week. I feel sorry for Wilmington and the coastal areas around there, though - this thing's gonna hang around as a major hurricane for 24-36 hours, dumping 40 inches of rain and making the lives of the stubborn miserable.

End of month four was a big turnaround for me but it was right or nine months after my surgery before I felt like I had my stamina back without repercussions.
Sweet! Something to look forward to! Thanks!!!

Just be careful - this could just be a double fake and she might come roaring back north once she's lulled you into complacency! Just don't go all George of the Jungle on us - Watch out for that tree!

Georgia Savannah Sweets pralines...have some..pecans are OUR thing! Pronounced PeeCan
Have some...Ate some...on all of my BS buddies behalf.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom