The Dreaded DIET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattipoo

post-grad
Country
United States United States
I need my peeps to gather round...show me love...show me support....

I'm going on a diet in the morning. I went on Weight Watchers before I had surgery - lost 32 pounds. I've gained a couple of pounds back since surgery....(even though I lost a few the first few weeks after surgery)...I've got a big cruise that I have to get ready for. I don't have but about 20 to lose to get back to my "girlish figgah".....Weight Watchers is a great program for me. I love the point system. Anybody want to give it a go with me??

Any of you that have "off the hook" diet recipes, I'd love it if you'd share with me.

tanks...
patti

Patti,
I'll join you on some type of diet.. These last two years I've packed on a ton of weight. I'm hoping this new knee will allow me to get more active and burn calories.
My sister did weight watchers and was successful.

Cool! Dougie...can you get your sister's WW books?? It's very important that you have them. It's a great diet....you can customize it to fit your tastes.

I carry my weight in my limbs....I AM going to lose that big old butt before my son's wedding cruise. I get really hungry at night...you guys are going to have to keep me out of the fridge...
THIS picture is going to CHANGE!! (notice the big fat monkey to the left? -my son loves that monkey....always has...won't let me take it out of the family room!!) ....can't wait to post a skinny pic!!!
6ye3d1.jpg
[/IMG]

My 33 year old daughter joined Weight Watchers in November and just this past week hit her 50 lb loss! She works out at the gym at least 2 hours a day.Plus she works full time, has 2 boys and a husband. She amazes me!
I have done WW several times, the most I lost was 82 lbs (1978), but I don't need to lose that much now. At lease I haven't gained it back and the "and more" as most people do.
My daughter says, she still eats the same foods as before, it is all about portion control. We still have our margarita night, but instead of us sharing a liter(I would drink one glass of the whole liter, she would have the rest as I was "the driver"), she has 2 glasses and I have one. And we don't go for the Dairy Queen dipped cones on our way home either.
My weakness is sugar, I am addicted to it.
I would like to think I can loose weight "on my own", it's is just self discipline, and I really don't want to spend the money for weighing at the meetings. I have 3 scales here at home!
But it IS time, and I know it would prolong the life of these new knees if I do loose weight. It HAS been so hard to get any good exercise with two bad knees for many years.
I am going to do it and the time is now, we have a whole new life ahead of us and we should make the best of it, right???!!! So I am climbing on the weight loss wagon with you all, I hope the ride doesn't get too bumpy!

Way to go, Blondie!!! We're going to do great, I can feel it!!! Actually, I'm not joining the meetings this time- my husband, next door neighbor and I are going to weigh in...each of us is going to put $5.00 in the kitty and whoever loses the most at each weigh in, wins the kitty. Maybe you can find a friend to diet with and weigh with....it keeps you "accountable"....

Some of the WW desserts are very good....but they're very pricey!

What, you loose weight. By your pix you look fantastic. If I could stand long enough in the kitchen to prep and cook a healthy meal.... Maybe after my surgery and a few weeks of mending. I know that loosing weight will make them last (the hardware that is) longer and getting more mobile again will help. Jennifer

Jen....I had my surgery right after Christmas....but DURING the holidays, it was my turn to have the family at MY house. I had 42 people for dinner on Christmas Eve...my knees were SO stinking rotten and sore by dinner time, after cooking for TWO DAYS solid, I could barely MOVE....I literally hobbled by the time my family arrived. You're going to LOVE being able to stand up....cook all day and not hurt!!!

I'm very tall (6')...can handle more weight than a shorter person but I've packed on pounds around the beeeeehiney from having rotten knees and not being able to walk at the track. I'm going on a cruise with fit/pretty people!!! The beehiney MUST go buh-bye! You're toooo kind...I need for you to come down hard on me...call me fatty mcbutter pants!!...I need for you to shame me!!! Come on - you can do it.

Patti, you don't look overweight at all. I am, but since the op I have lost about 14lbs, started in the hospital as the food was pure slime, I usually like hospital food! Have lots to go, but at the moment I am dependent on a bit of chocolate and other goodies in the evenings, helps me feel better. When I feel more able to cope with the knee in general I will get back on track though.

I found the WW diet great, in fact it is really not a diet as such, but a healthy eating plan, and smaller portions which I am trying to do, apart from the chocs etc. I recently lent my books to a friend to look at. My sister had great success too, she is now a life member with WW. The trouble I found here in Ontario, you can't buy the WW food in the stores. My sister could in the UK.

Anyway I wish you all well, but at the moment I am just too tired to be serious about diet proper!! Sue

Oh Patti, I can't wait. Thank you for the good words. I had my first KNEE dream last night. Any one had one of those? I was going to my surgery, but before we went to the hospital, I had to stop at some kind of party, had a little water, a few appetizers and to the Hosp. Got there and realized in shock that I had eaten something after midnight and ruined the surgery plan!!!!! But in the same dream I also saw my self walking up a hill, with new shoes, thinner legs and doing it pretty well to I might add. Pretty symbolic, huh? Jen

I lost weight, too, right after surgery. I think it was due to the large amount of meds I was taking....and the amount of pain I was in....hard to feed your pie hole when your crying in pain!!
Getting back to my normal routine of cooking for my family has made me eat like a crazy woman. I GOTS to stop!

RE dreams, in all my recent ones I am running and walking with normal knees. My mum, who has always had one leg shorter than the other has always dreamed about walking & running normally and nowadays without her cane or walker that she always uses now.

I'll go with you. I lost 30 pounds prior to my surgery and gained back 4. I started back on WW last THursday. I have to get back on track. Walking will help. We meet at work which really helps because lots of the folks in my area are on the program and we force each other to get up and go to the meetings. I need to lose 40-50 more to be where I'd like to be.

When we were going to the meetings, my husband and friends would tell me that I should be a "director" because I had more fun ideas and great recipes than our director did. That's one of the main reasons we stopped "paying"....we weren't really getting a lot out of the meetings...although they DO keep you more accountable. That's when we started meeting once a week at my house for a weigh in.....it's better when you HAVE to weigh in front of other people...especially if you have a little wager on it!

Only weighin infront of here is the chick with the clip board at the DR office!

I agree. The accountability is key. I tried Weigh Down at church and lost weight but then fell back into bad habits. I'm struggling right now. My hubby just brought me a great hamburger which I ate and then a small chocolate cupcake. I have to STOP!! During the week i do pretty good. Oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, Smart Ones meal for lunch, salad and other stuff for dinner. I do miss my Bailey's... have to save 4 points for that! And until I get off the pain meds, not having any of that. We'll do this together. THe lack of ability to DO anything over the past couple of years really contributed to my gain. That is no longer an issue so I have to get on it.

Yep....it's time! Can't wait to have my light yogurt and toasted english muffin in the morning...4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie