Thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newwoman, I'm sorry for jumping in with the questions right off the bat earlier. I am sincere when I say I think you showed us all a lot of courage and determination to get better by going through with the 'manipulation'. It had to be scary after what you have been through with other TKR and all. I just can't decide how much more I'm willing to do. My friend, T-Man, will probably want to come take my Harley from me when he reads this, but this has been waaaaaaaay harder than I thought it would be and I just don't know.

Only that it all sounds fairly routine - though by saying that don't mean to belittle the experience you had, Newwoman. I know some find it quite overwhelming, but it just has to be done when the ligaments all stick together like that. No amount of PT is going to unstick them. But it will be short-lived and you will find yourself much further forward as a result.

And by the way - I think you all rock! You are so positive and encouraging with one another. You're what is making this board work right now and I am thinking sadly how when my 'chicks' get better and fly the nest, it will be so much quieter in here.
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_sorryIPB.jpg

Josephine, my youngest daughter will be 20 this November. She came by today and we went out for lunch, not wanting to bore everyone, but during our conversation, I told her that she would always be my Babygirl. We will always be your "chicks".

Gatiger,
Excellent point and well said. In my opinion all of us have had a major life experience with these surgeries. Just imaging sitting at home these past weeks an not having each other to lean on, support, encourage, and celebrate with. Damn, now you made me tear up. I'm becoming such a wuss.

aawww - Doug
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_friends.jpg
Let me cheer you up with some nice flexible knees!

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_linedance.jpg

Riverdance...I've always liked that!!
I do think we will need to eventually set a date for all of us who "graduate" from this forum to check back in and give an update. Too soon now, but eventually.

Please don't leave too soon, I have to do this all over again and I need you all. If I come back here after 3/14 and I don't see Pattipoo,doug, galliger, tman, skeet,jb,and all the rest of you I will be so depressed. Please keep in touch. It is so hard to stay on top of all the conversations when you have to go back to work, but just still knowing you are here whenever I do get a chance is awesome.
Josephine as the mother hen, at least I know you will be here.

Hon....I'm a W-O-M-A-N....I can multi-task! I can balance an account at work....put together a goofy picture of my internet peepes....answer phones/answer questions...plan supper...get a load of laundry in the washer, cheer on my friend with KNEESALS and put my makeup on at the same time!

We'll be here for you....don't doubt it. I might as well stick around...gotta do the left one in 3-4 years. Gotta keep my place warm on the couch...

It's friday....I love friday...cha-CHING...

Hon....I'm a W-O-M-A-N....I can multi-task! I can balance an account at work....put together a goofy picture of my internet peepes....answer phones/answer questions...plan supper...get a load of laundry in the washer, cheer on my friend with KNEESALS and put my makeup on at the same time!

And talk a $100 worth of junk at the same time. Love ya girl.

I seem to be good at forums - registered on 23 at last count ....

Pattipoo: You are truly a bright spot in this old lady's day, thank you. I sure hope you stick around, I have both my knees scheduled for Ap.7 and I am going to need your quick wit to get me through, plus everyone else here for encouragement.

I was just blown away at the botched job NewWoman had done by the person who did her IV. Getting through a procedure that has you scared out of your wits is bad enough without some jerk mutilating your hand and causing you even more pain by jabbing around trying to get a vein. One thing for sure, I pray to God I won't have to have that done, I am already scared of it and I don't care how big a man you are, Gat, pain is pain and there is guarantee that because you are a big man you will not be afraid or have pain, so don't be so hard on yourself. Bottom line is you are only human and a good human to boot.

Too bad Josephine isn't ablle to clone herself and be with each one of us throughout this entire nightmare but then who will be with her to help her get through?

You guys are so great and I am so lucky to have found this site. Jan (Rowdy66)

I had 10 mg of valium before my surgeries to get me through the IV and it worked wonders. The doc was quick to provide it, too.

You're too sweet, Rowdy! I'm just a crazy ol' southern gal - I won't leave you....I promise. I think most of us will be sticking around!

We're not going anywhere Rowdy but to therapy just like you and to this forum for help or to give help. Lots of love coming your way.........
Cathy
ps added benifit today I weighed myself and I was 198 not 205 that therapy must be doing something.....................yeah................................

NewWoman,
Congratulations on your weight loss. As one who struggles with the weight also, I know how hard it is and what a fight it is.
Getting older and a bad knee hasn't helped matters. I"m hoping that as my knee heels, I'll be able to get more aerobic work in. I used to eat what I wanted and then go run 5 miles. Now I eat and am lucky to make it to the bathroom.

Hi Newwoman, about the weightloss, I went down from 222lb to 208lb I found out yesterday, I think it has a lot to do with my Pecocets, my appetite is less and I hot flash with them all the time (on top of my normal hot flashes). What do you think Josephine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie