Bilateral TKR Thank you

@Claud I like to keep a diary of my recovery too, find it helps to get everything down on paper and a useful tool to chart progress.
You're doing so well, good that you were reassured on the kneecap pain - reassuring for me too, as mine returned yesterday! Take care and don't overdo it, 3 of us have found 4 weeks is the danger zone when you get carried away and do more than you should.:bignono:

Love your advise lindylee
Will take it to heart.

My get her done attitude can some times bite me in the hinee. ☺️
It has served me well bringing one of Massachusetts first female contractors back in the day... then after a personal tragedy change my entire life path and become a visiting nurse... from hammers to stethoscopes

But this is the first time I have to pull in the reins and slow down...listen to my body as it’s the boss not me....
Tough to do but I’m learning.

New chapters to write

Thanks again

Same for me. Rereading my blog on here gets me through when times are tough. Make one realise that things ARE getting better.
I cried many times...mostly in hospital. I think it was the heavy drugs :heehee:

Thanks Cab. I agree. Keeping a log is like a silent friend that reminds you that you will be alright.

I just got DC from home PT and next week I start PT at the medical center.
I have been driving on good days and hope I can get myself there. Also nurse to stop by Monday and hopefully take off the mesh dressing that held the incision together. Wired no staples.

I get the weird pains some times one leg then sometimes the other but I know now this too is part of the healing process. My new hip is also still trying to settle into its readjusted zip code

I’ve come to also conclude that crying and feeling depressed is part of the body healing. And the isolation as I love being out with people.
Can’t wait for snow to end. Air warm up and I can get out and about.
I’m using only 1 cane when I go out and none while in the house.
Will see dr next week for 1 month check up yaaaa

You have a great attitude for this recovery and understand the ups and downs.
:flwrysmile:
I also can’t wait for warm weather. My knee is so uncomfortable in cold weather.

@Claud have to say i'm in awe of you i'm by myself but have only had a partial and i'm coping quite well, I couldn't imagine having a bilateral TKR and coping....go you.

Thanks Jockette and Zab for your kind notes.... best medicine one can have is encouragement for people who know.

I am so looking forward to the warm weather. Rehabilitation in the New England cold sucks but everyday brings us closer to spring and stronger.

God bless you all. No mater if it bilateral or partial or one or whatever, having someone cut you open and then you trying to heal is a tough road for anyone.
My prayers and deep respect go to all of you
Each of us has faced their own mountain and endured the climb....the prize is in site !

Crying can be a great release and I think it's a rare person who doesn't feel down at times like this. I often think a good moan, whether it be written, spoken or in our heads helps. Isolation and cold definitely don't help our moods either. Far better to get it out rather than bottle it up. :console2:

Wow; what an amazing story! And the fact that you live alone! What an inspiration and strong woman you are! You're rockin it... keep up the great work!

Thanks lindylee. Sistershin, momma-me, and the gang. I’m not all that special. Each one of you have faced your challenges head on. At times it may see like your going to drown in a sea of fear and doubt, but you faced the pain the doubt etc (long before I did) And beat the odds with that strong spirit in you and the tremendous support you give each other... IM AMAZED by all of you.

You are all perfect examples of strength in numbers, each one helping the other with encouraging words and answers to questions so that no one feels alone. Be proud of yourselves for you are all amazing and I am honored to been blessed in knowing you.

Well this coming week I start rehab outside the house and I’m driving yaaaa!!! Now dam it weather stop snowing !!! Lol

Be safe

That's the good thing about a forum like this. People can come on and say exactly how they feel without being judged and there will nearly always be someone who's been through the same thing and can offer moral support in addition to those who support us with their medical knowledge. We're all in it together. Good luck driving to your rehab. Take care.

In my many sleepless nights in my early recovery days, I'd come here and there was always someone I could talk to. It helped me to know that even though I was physically alone at home, I wasn't alone in my recovery. How comforting it was to be able to cry on my 'pen pals' shoulders through this site! That's why I'm still here trying to help others through their fears and tears.

Thank you so much
It’s like a huge family of healing
I draw on each ones strength like an invisible rope of love from your hearts to me and each other. Giving comfort that no one is alone and the mountain we willscale together.
I’m still learning this site and never that good at fancy technology. But if I can help anyone with what I have learned I will be happy to

God bless you all. Have a great week ahead ☀️

Hello,

Really enjoying this thread.

I keep a journal which I have read over and over and only then really see the progression forward that I’m making.

I love this idea. I have done similar for my motorbike and travelling trips, it's nice to go back and read what I have done. I want to do the same on this forum and hopefully help others as this forum has so far helped me.

There is positives and negatives in this connected world we live in, forums like this are certainly in the positive ! Sometimes I think to 'back in the day' before we had WWW, how we managed ! :rofsign:

Anyway keep up the great work and I will continue to follow your journey.

Glad the journal idea was helpful
Looking back I also realized that not only did it show me that progress was being made but it was like sending a note to a dear friend who understood what you was going thru, especially when I went back and read the journal, I was proud of me an unsure little blonde who wasn’t sure how this would all turn out. But the journal became my anchor and compass at the same time

Right now swelling in both knees have gone down to the point that I’m starting to see a shape of a knee cap ( yaaa!!)
I can walk a good distance as long as it’s flat
I still can’t kneel or even attempt to get down on the floor and back up.
Stairs are tough especially going down
Strangely enough my hip replacement bothers me as much especially by the incision, I’ve got a funny feeling there is a lot of scar tissue holding on tight.

I’m using a messager on hip and around knees which does calm down the tightness
I have feeling at knees on the medial side. On the other hand The outside no feeling
Hoping with time that gets less

I know you are working hard at getting to a better place then before your surgery
Us old dogs (b4twww) are the smart ones. We can use this technology but yet we can survive with out it.

I hope and pray you make great progress and are finding happiness in whatever activity brings you joy

Best of luck

Claud

Glad to hear you’re coming along well, Claud.

Thanks Claud.

Sounds like you are progressing nicely. Keep going ! :)

It sounds as if things are going well for you. The outside of my knee is still numb and I can come downstairs normally, but it's still a little uncomfortable so it must be far worse with 2 new knees. I overdid coming downstairs on Monday. We went to London for the day and my knee's been reminding me of it all week. Serves me right, I should use a lift more!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom