Thank you

Hi, welcome to BoneSmart. Bilateral is a good way to go; worked for me. Good luck -- any questions, just ask.

Hi roseB137 im glad you found our awesome supportive bonesmart family!! You will get all your questions answered here. The waiting is the worst. Time will fly by. You have a blessed day take care.:hi::flwrysmile:

:welome: You'll find many bilateral BoneSmarties here. Lots of journeys to share and support to be found!

Hi, @RoseB137 ....welcome! I see you've also written us a note via the Contact Us link asking how to become a July Sparkler. Just go to the July team thread (link below), scroll down to the bottom of any page and you'll find a reply block where you can type in your information. This is the way you post to any thread on the forum. You may want to read our "How To Use This Forum" section located under the Help & Info tab at the top of the page. You'll find lots of helpful tips to make your time on BoneSmart more enjoyable.

July Sparklers

Hi @RoseB137 ! Nice to meet you - I'll be two weeks ahead of you - look for me on the other side - I have already started my recovery thread. I found this fantastic organization a few months ago, used it to help make my decision making. But in the last weeks I have really found comfort in the myriad advice, experiences and support. I know that I'm going to need it in the days, weeks and months to come. While I have a fantastic support network at home, you guys have been through it.

Hi @RoseB137, welcome to the group. I'm relatively new as well. My LTKR is scheduled for July 11th, so I'm just a couple of days ahead of you. I have found everyone here to be friendly and helpful. Great information and support.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Welcome @Ruby9297 ! As others have said, waiting is the hardest patr! Accept that no matter what, you'll be anxious and second guessing yourself but continue to check the forum. There is a lot of prep work you can do to make sure you'll be as ready as possible once the day comes.

Glad you happened upon the site, I was actually a few weeks post op when I found the site almost a yr ago at this point.
I have gotten so much valuable advice, I probably could have almost been on the phone daily to the surgeon wondering if things were going the way they should be going. But actually on here I found out that were not all text book material, yet a lot of us do go thru a lot of the same things. Had I stuck to just the tkr manual I received, I would have been in a full depression as I def haven't followed the manual's time line on how things work.
You will find others that have had surgery on or around your surgery date that you can buddy up with. Although it's hard to want to race thru this recovery, it's best to let things happen as they happen on their own time schedule. It's a different kind of surgery and recovery process, and it's been said it can take a yr or more to be back to normal. You'll have good days, and bad days, days that you make progress and days that you regress, you will experience pain that over time, will lessen, you will or could be all over the place with your emotions and sleep patterns and eating. Every part of your body and mind is effected by this surgery for a time period after surgery. But you will find advice and comfort from others who've been thru it.
The best thing for you to do at this point is prepare yourself and your home for your surgery. Make ahead meals for the freezer, getting your bathroom ready for you to bathe and to toilet, and your needs to help get around the house and out doors, a walker for the first bit of time then a cane. So in these weeks coming up these can be things to help you be ready for when your back home. Good luck I'll be watching for you to get to the otherside.

Here is some useful information to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks