TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife thank you for the lovely things you said on @legins thread. You are so kind and lovely. It's so nice we can chat. I'm sorry to hear about hubby knees/legs getting sore. Ooh the very thought xxx however, needs must xxx love Ann xxx

@gr82cu2 I am the same way, ladders hurt my feet. Yes he has to work over all week! Poor baby says feet hurts worse than the knees.

@Nana moon 27 thank you! You are very sweet to say so. Hubby may need a foot rub instead of a rub of the thigh muscle tonight.

1238222_10201987601794377_1528966607_n.jpg
This is what hubby and his new knees do at work while he is on a ladder, purple is fiberoptics:

@Nana moon 27 He does modifications (like the fiberoptics) on the B2. He has to twist and turn in odd positions to do his job and I just hope he isn't over twisting his knees, but so far it is his feet that hurt the worse.

Hi Jackie

How are you? How's poor hubby. Oh I so feel for him with that job x x xx are you completely ready for Christmas yet? X x xx

@Nana moon 27 Hubby's knee pain is around a 2 or low 3, just a dull ache. He says he will once in a while get a little pinch but it goes away with the next step. No more sharp stabbing pain that took his breath away that he had before the TKRs.

Well, hubby said his knees aren't any worse for all the overtime!

@tiredwife Glad to hear hubby knees are holding up with the overtime. I hope it doesn't catch up to him later. He has done so well with both knees.

@Minnie's knees didn't get your tag! We just rested yesterday to give his knees a break. He has overtime again this week and they may be working Saturday, but hopefully he will get 5 days off for Christmas. So far the knees are no worse for wear.

@tiredwife, sorry to hear that Steve's feet are hurting. But no wonder standing that long on a ladder. Like Janet said, the rungs should be wider to support your feet. Sounds like his knees are holding up very well.

@Yorkimom he says, even though the ladder makes him ache, he thinks it actually is helping his knees. It's getting a little easier week by week. We also remembered how it use to hurt him to drive prior TKR, but no pain at all driving now. He drove 160 miles (round trip) a couple of weekends ago and did really well.

@tiredwife That's great news about the long drive. I'm still only able to be in the car about 20 minutes before it starts to get uncomfortable...not complaining though because I'm just thankful to be able to drive at all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom