Texas' recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas

alpha
Hello......I will do my best here......Got home Friday...He didnt have to do a whole revision thank goodness but right not it feels like he did.......He just replaced the spacer and got alot of debris out of the back and sides......he says cement.....Surgery was 2 1/2 hrs.......He said alot of tissue was ripped up i guess from the cement.......he also did a MUA break up more tissue........Real painful, finally got the pain under control around 2 am .. he has me on hydrocodone and oxycodone but that oxy makes me sick so i have been throwing up a few times today....(
The nurse came today PT will start tomorrow......other than that its ok......i will post more when i can.......Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers ......I missed you guys so much.....I hope everyone is doing ok...........) Ill post soon.........)

Re: My Revision Surg Is Nov 4th (So Scared)

Hang in there Kim. It's going to get better.

Thank you so much Karen...I just want it faster...lol.. How are you doing.......???? Kinda forgot how sore it is....Then in the hosp my bracelet said i was allergic to penicillin , so they gave me penn in my iv what a mess i had lumps and blotches all over me.....better now though...

Why do they do things like this to people? I'm sorry you are going through so much. You just don't deserve this. At least this surgery is over and hopefully your OS got everything out that was causing you so much pain......I'm going to post on another thread about how I'm doing.

Thanks, ok ill go look at it..........)

Hi, Kim....welcome back to the world!!! We've missed you here. I'm glad things are settling down for you. It will keep getting better. Once the pain and swelling lessen, you should be feeling like you have a workable knee again!! Hooray!!!

Oh Kimmie!!! Welcome Back!!! Boy have we missed you!!! (:)0)

Welcome back Kim . It is so good to see you posting again.'
judy

Hi Kim, I have been reading the updates that Pat has has been posting and I am so pleased to hear you are home and on the mend now. You sound as though you have had an awful time of it in hospital, but hopefully now the pain will start to diminish and you will get a bit better each day. Keep taking those pills and take great care of yourself xxx

Hi JAMIE, JUDLES AND STEPH AND JUDY THANK YOU GUYS I MISSED YA TO...........Good morning everyone , well the good news is the pain is wayyyyy better (knock on wood) really i gotta say what a relief........after the hosp and i was behind on medicine but once i caught up i feel really good.....Pt comes tomorrow at 330 ....I am on that coumadin....That makes me nervous i guess because it needs to be watched so much.........the nurse will come Mon and Thurs to ck levels......I wanted my shots but he just said do coumadin........lil sore now but really doing well.....eah i really happy about that........)

Great to see you posting again, Kim. I've made you a new thread in here - the Recovery Forum. Okay?

Great news Kim and you sound so positive and so much better. Take it easy now and just rest loads, you will soon be back to normal again x

Kim I am so happy that you are feeling better. Penicillin allergy thing really makes me mad. Glad you did not stop breathing on them.

hope every day gets better
judy:flwr:

Good Morning, Kimmie, thanks for the PM to check on me. I should have been checking on you.

You sound pretty chipper. amazing what proper pain control can do for a girl, huh?

The penicillin error is huge. I am sorry that they messed that up. Be especially careful going forward. Usually each exposure gets a worse reaction, so the next one could be a lulu. Tattoo it on your forehead.

I hope you have a great Sunday,
Take care, Kimberly

Kim, don't worry about the Coumadin....I was on it for several years and didn't have a lot of trouble keeping blood levels in range. The trick is to stay consistent with the amount of fruits and veggies you eat. If you normally eat them daily...do that. If you only eat them now and then, stay on that schedule. What can make it bounce is if you eat LOTS of something for a few days and then stop. Consistency in your diet and you'll be fine.

Thank you i do feel much better today thank goodness.............but getting head aches does coumadin do that ...just wondering every time i take it about 1 hr later a head ache..........but i have to say this time im very happy pain is fine and pt just left awhile ago and im bending 95 i was so happy.,yikes thou i dont miss pt...........lol.........glad its over and im on my way this one will work and be amazing.......my staples still freak me out a lil....lol...afraid they are going to pop i know they wont though........lol

Kim, I know what you mean about the staples. I thought mine would pop a few times, but luckily they held up. I did spring a leak twice though, little blood drops coming right out of the staple holes.

Kim...girl! So glad you are on the mend! You have pain under control and what an awesome R:DM. It's is going to be work, but it will all be worth it

Kim! Is everything ok??? Your spelling has really improved!!!! (:)0)_ Welcome back, Girl!!! (:)0)

Glad you're back and you "sound" like you're doing really well, that's awesome to hear! Hope you continue feeling twice as good each day!

Gale
RTKR 10/5/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks